New to the site

londonmummy

Reaction score
Hey everyone,

I’ve only just discovered this site and am happy to have found this forum as I’m having a very hard time relating to anyone with regards to my situation.

I have a son who was conceived on our honeymoon (it was literally the first try) - totally normal pregnancy, no problems except with his delivery, which was an emergency c-sec that resulted in sepsis - but thankfully he was ok.

He’s 2 1/2 now - a year after he was born I was diagnosed with abnormal cervical cells that were glandular, meaning they were sure to eventually lead to cancer. As a result, I had most of my cervix removed. Obviously that made the thought of another pregnancy challenging, so I then had yet another surgery to put a laparoscopic band at the top of my cervix so that I could carry a future pregnancy to full term. That was in September of 2016. From October 2016 through September 2017 we tried naturally to have another child but had no luck. I’m 36 so we decided to move on to IVF and did our first round last November. We assumed there were issues with scar tissue as a result of so many surgeries so we were over the moon when we ended up with 5 embryos who’d reached Day 6 blastocyst stage.

Our doctor recommended we do genetic testing to rule out any that had abnormal chromosomal issues, so we took that advice and had them all tested. We assumed some of them would be abnormal but were completely gutted to learn that all 5 were so abnormal that they’d have no chance of life whatsoever. The doctor went through each one with us and they were just extremely off, she said in some cases the abnormalities fall into sort of a grey area (called mosaic) and in those instances they sometimes use those embryos if they are better than the others, but that in our case the abnormalities were so extreme there was no hope for any chance of life.

We got the results in early Jan. At first I wanted to immediately try again but on reflection I thought we should perhaps take a step back. Both my husband and I are now seeing the acupuncturist once a week and I’m getting back into yoga. I know these are not necessarily going to help anything physically but I do know they’ll help my mental state before we try round 2 in April.

I’m still in shock I think from the results and don’t really know who to speak to - my friends are great but if one more person tells me to be grateful for my son I will just lose it!! We have always thought we’d have 2 or 3 kids and now, having this in our face is just terrifying.

I’m not really sure what I’m asking for by posting this but maybe there are others like me who can relate? I’m finding this whole experience very isolating and lonely.

It took 3 years for my daughter whos 1 and I'm now nearly a year into ttc number 2 and I am struging with feeling like people think I should just be greatful etc so totally get where you are coming from. It is so hard to see siblings :( xx

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk

in case of chromosomal abnormalities IVF PGS NGS might the the best option

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
joshatflare
Back