Newborn help!

LilyMac

Reaction score
Hi girls, hope you're all ok!
Aiden is 17 days old now and to begin with he was a little angel and practically slept straight through the night. The past few days though he's waking up every hour - hour and half making out like he's never been fed before but when I feed him he sometimes only takes an ounce while other times hell take 3-4. Hell then stay awake for ages have a quick nap then wake up screaming again.
Just wanted to check firstly that its nothing to worry about and secondly does anyone have any advice to get him to sleep longer/eat more?

Someone suggested dream feeding him but he won't take it in his sleep :(

By the way I'm bottle feeding
Thanks for reading!x

Sounds like a growth spurt hun... Lilly was sleeping for 4 hours at a time at one point and then started waking for food every 2 hours.... she's just getting out of another one thank goodness, they're knackering!! Thankfully they only last for a couple of days.

xxx

Def sounds like a growth spurt! Charley goes through them every 2-3 weeks even though he's still a rubbish sleeper. Should only last a couple of days x x

WSS ^^

Could be a growth spurt. Paige was bottle few from about 8/9 days old and when I could actually see what she was drinking sometimes she'd have one once and other times 4oz, sometimes they just need a little top up :)

But I want him to stay tiny forever!
At least I know its nothing to worry about now, I just hope he settles again soon, I'm shattered lol I guess I'll have to try getting some sleep when he does. Thanks girls :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back