News post for Labour signs for 37 weeks +++ ladies

I'm not getting any signs either!! Its sooo frustrating
Last week I had so many I really thought baby would be here by now :(

ASD123456 said:
abcd- I hope the MW will give you a sweep, and I expect some details if she does, I'm desperate to know exactly how it is done.

Alex xxx

I had a sweep last monday, Alex

The midwife got her finger inside my cervix oening (os) and moved it from side to side, to break up the membranes and slightly stretch the opening. Was not partucularly painful....Just little shots of pain, like periods.

I have had some pains over night. But nothing to get me excitied :(

Unfortunately everything's stopped for me today :wall: :wall: :wall:
But doc did say yesterday that the sweep doesn't normally have any effect for 48 hours, so we'll see what happens tonight/tomorrow...

fuffins1981 said:
ASD123456 said:
abcd- I hope the MW will give you a sweep, and I expect some details if she does, I'm desperate to know exactly how it is done.

Alex xxx

The midwife got her finger inside my cervix oening (os) and moved it from side to side, to break up the membranes and slightly stretch the opening. Was not partucularly painful....Just little shots of pain, like periods.

I have had some pains over night. But nothing to get me excitied :(

How far up is the cervix??? Do they have to 'root around'. I had an internal when I was in hospital because of bleeding and they had a good poke before settling on anything :lol: :puke:

I think that as your body gets prepared for labour you're cervix desends a little and is easier to reach. I used to be able to just about reach mine but last time i tried i couldnt anymore, maybe cos i cant get my hand around my bump.

If she gives me one today i'll come back with all the gorey details!

ASD123456 said:
fuffins1981 said:
ASD123456 said:

Alex xxx

d :
How far up is the cervix??? Do they have to 'root around'. I had an internal when I was in hospital because of bleeding and they had a good poke before settling on anything :lol: :puke:

The only way you can have a sweep is if your cervix is not too high and it is favourable. It needs to be starting to soften a bit so they can manipulate it. If it is not, they will not try it :)

fuffins1981 said:
The only way you can have a sweep is if your cervix is not too high and it is favourable. It needs to be starting to soften a bit so they can manipulate it. If it is not, they will not try it :)

This is what im scared about!! I'm totally convinced if they try they wont be able to, but i've decided i'd rather they give it a go and fail then i sit here for another few weeks when it might have worked.
Fingers crossed all those cervix pains were it getting ready

Well adcd, and I never though I'd say this to someone, I hope your cervix is soft a favourable :lol:

good luck for all the planned sweeps.

i'd been thinking we were going to have lots of July cue jumpers, but it seems not.

nothing to report here really apart from more hormones!

Sandi

Back from midwife, she's well engaged and in a good position, i've also been told she's really long and boney!!

She did a sweep, i thought at first she wouldnt be able to do it cos she said my cervix was closed but aparently she could get a finger in there and sweep around, its thinned out a little but not enough yet and she wasnt confident it'll work, if it doesnt i've got another appoinment at T+8 then i'll see a consultant at T+10 and induction at T+12.

The sweep itself wasnt bad, she didnt hurt me and i jsut had quite bad perios type pains whilst she was doing it. Overall not as bad as i had expected.

Oh and apparently she could feel her head :shock: im not confident the sweep will work but i guess we'll wait and see

ive had a couple of symptoms over the last couple of days.....but i think its maybe just part of the joy of 3rd tri?

had "stabby" pains down below last night, and again this afternoon. also, when i went to the toilet at lunchtime, i wiped and there was a little bit of gunk (really sorry if tmi!! :oops: ) just a teeny bit, kinda creamy green :puke: .

what does this sound like to u girls? anyone had the same kinda thing?sorry if ive just made u :puke: up ur tea!!

xxxxxxxxx

Ok period pains are back and lower back pains. Mum is staying with me at the mo but she reckons it isn't labour :wall: :wall:

oh yeah and weeing loads so LO must be on my bladder :roll:

claire2711 said:
ive had a couple of symptoms over the last couple of days.....but i think its maybe just part of the joy of 3rd tri?

had "stabby" pains down below last night, and again this afternoon. also, when i went to the toilet at lunchtime, i wiped and there was a little bit of gunk (really sorry if tmi!! :oops: ) just a teeny bit, kinda creamy green :puke: .

what does this sound like to u girls? anyone had the same kinda thing?sorry if ive just made u :puke: up ur tea!!

xxxxxxxxx

Sounds like some plug. I had some more today :)

The signs I had have stopped! :evil: Still getting those 'fangita stabbings' as fuffins calls em! :rotfl: I also think she is still back-to-back. Next midwife appointment is on Thursday so I should find out then.

I've had yet another restless night so I am heading back to bed in an attempt to get some sleep, will probably end up just lying in bed reading as usual though! :roll:

This is driving me insane!!!
The thought of going over my due date is making me cry!
I had some pains last night, we were in asda and I had a massive BH, I had to stop walking!! Then nothing, just the odd niggle!!!
Get out, get out, GET OUT!!!!!!!

Nothing to report today apart from a leaky right nipple :lol:

I just want somethign to happen now, I really have the feeling I won't be having a baby anytime soon. OH has a presentation in work on Friday that he really want s to get out of so I said I'd go into labour then for him.

Alex xxx

NOTHING!! Whats the point in a sweep if you dont even get blood or goo!!!!

I predicted the 4th July for her coming and at this rate i dont think anythings going to happen until then :roll:

Had some very mild period pains last night and cervix pain but nothing now

Clare, I hope it happens soon for you. I look at my phone constantly to see if you have txt, I am more excited for you then me lol!!! I am sending you lots of Labour dust.
I have no signs what so ever, I have had the odd period pain here and there and I had what I can only think was braxton hicks a couple of nights in a row where I had pains every minute of so down below. I have a funny feeling that baby is in there for the long haul so I have stopped looking for the symptoms to be honest.
I would prefer that they stay in there until at least monday as it is my Birthday on Friday and have lots of treats for over the weekend like having my hair done, going out for a meal and going the cinema twice to watch Kung Fu Panda and Hancock!!!
How are the rest of you doing? I think we had 4 queue jumpers for July and now we have a few late arrivals for June as well!!!
Loving the sunshine by the way woohoo!!!

Baby seems to be trying to do the great escape today, without success of course :x :rotfl:

Had some painful tightenings for hours last night....But still nothing :(

Got a bad tummy today. Really hurts. So bubs version of Kung Fun Panda is not really appreciated right now :rotfl:

JoAnn- I am pleased my vocabulary is rubbing off on you :rotfl:

Good luck for today ladies!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
joshatflare
Back