Nhs responded to my complain

rossyrozela

Reaction score
HIYA GIRLS

I HAD PUT IN ACOMPLAIN TO NHS REGARDING MY TREATMENT WHILE UNDER THEIR CARE AND TODAY THE PERSON INCHARGE OF THE INVESTIGATION WHICH IS THE DIVISTION MANAGER OF MIDWIFERY PHONED ME AND THEY ACCEPTED THAT I WAS NOT TREATED THE WAY I SHOULD HAVE,THEY ADMITTED THAT I WAS NEGLECTED BY THE CONSULATNT AND ALSO ADMITTED THAT THE REPORT GIVEN TO ME BY THE SONOGRAPHER WAS NOT CORRECT.

sHE ALSO SAID THAT THE CONSULTANT IS NEW IN THAT HOSPITAL AND THAT THE SONOGRAPHERS ARE NOT TRAINED LONG ENOUGH AS THEY SHOULD BE.sO FOR THAT REASON I HAD TO GO THROUGH SO MUCH TRAUMA AS I DID.

I THINK ANY WOMAN WHO IS PREGANT SHOULD ASK ALOT OF QUESTIONS AT THEIR 12 WEEKS SCAN BECAUSE SHE SAID TO ME THAT THE REPORT GIVEN MY THE SONOGRAPHER WAS NOT SUPPOSED TO BE GIVEN LIKE THAT AND THAT THEY NEED TO CHANGE HOW THE REPORTS AR GIVEN.IN MY CASE THE SONOGRAPHER INDICATED THAT THERE WERE THINGS VISIBLE BUT THEY WERE NOT VISIBLE.
SO ALL YOU BEAUTIFUL GIRLS OUT THERE WATCH OUT AND BE MORE CAREFUL WHEN YOU ARE DEALING WITH NHS CONSULTANS ND SONOGRAPHER

Trust me, i am already very wary of NHS consultants, when i had Jasper i did it on my own and gave birth to a healthy beautiful baby boy

but because i had a blood clot in my leg after having him, i was put on 10 000IU of Deltaparin for the whole of this pregnancy, well the profalatic dose of Deltaparin (and the reccomended amount for a pregnant woman) is 5000IU - i also had to take it every twelve hours when all studies state that you should allow the body a whole day in between doses

and guess what, my baby girl died :( :(

I dont care WHAT they tell me in my check up, next time i get pregnant i will have MINIMAL interaction with those fuckers (unless of course they know what it is and that it can be avoided) and i will do what MY body is capable of without them messing with me :(

You are right,i will do the same,just listen to my body and demand for answers when i need them.They are basically putting peoples lifes at risk,i fail to understand how 2 top consultant can make such amistake.unfortunately they do.

I don't know what it is about Womens Services that makes the care so inconsistent, the white paper Maternity Matters attempted to address this but sadly there are too many horror stories :( xx

I found out after my miscarriage that the hospital had distroyed my admitance record. Acording to them I never went in and my little boy never existed. Only found that out when I went to myGP for my usual check up and he asked how baby was, as doctors do, and I was like thats a sick joke! and he didnt understand. Sister whatever her name is had to come in and calm me down and get the whole story. He genuinly didn't know and sat there and phoned the hosiptal to ask why he hadn'tbeen informed of my 'condition' and they told him he was making it up the last time I was an emergency case was 4 years before hand. Whenever me and my GP have tried to file complaints we've been told because there is no record there can be no action.

Me and L have pretty much decided, like Fi, that it's going to be a pregnancy and birth with as little intervention as possible if we get lucky again. And I'm doing everything I can to have a home birth too and if we can afford I'd rather a doula then a midwife tbh. but if we cant afford of course they'll be welcome - they'll just be told to shut up (and a lot of other swears you can only imagine) an awful lot.

I've friends and friends parents who are nurses or training to be and after one o my friends mums (a neonatal nurse) found out what had happen she went spare! Wish she was a midwife- I'd definately be more inclinded to being nicer and more open to baby being born in hospital if it was her looking after me all the time!

Honey have you thought of getting an independant midwife? its 3k but they will spread the cost out over 10 years if you need to xx

So there are independent midwife,i never knew are there independent consultants too,the reason i ask that is because i have had 2 c-sections previously with my 11 year old and a 3year old,also when i was pregnant wih my 3yr old one midwife told me that one can go private and the nhs pays half of the cost.Iam seriously thinking of that option now that they have let me down.

private midwives are different to private consultants, they certainly wont be paid for by the NHS!

they are very good though and you can interview a few and find the right one for you which is nice

I will tell you this when you put in your complain and they admit liability they also go as far as trying to defend themselves,i was lucky that the person carrying out the investigation didnt do that but at the beginning of our phone call she started by saying,what are you complaining about and i said to her i have written it all down then she said well you still have to go through it with me on the phone,and when i gave her my horror story just the same way it was written down in my letter of complain she went yes Rose we need to change few things here at the maternity.I also told her that i just wish that no other woman goes through what I went through .She did invite me to Speak to the sonographer and the consultants that i complained about but i said No.How can i ?This are the same people that denied me care when i needed it the most now why the hell do i want to speak to them.

Tell em you don't want any personal contact as the situation has been traumatic enough. If they wont deal with it keep taking it higher and higher adding the complaint about the last person on the list too. Then again I'm a vindictive cow at times and if I'd had the choice to fully complain I would have screwed them over like never before.

Fi - We're definately on the independants for our next baby tbh- I don't trust the NHS with my own body anymore never mind that of my child's too. I worked out before that it's costing me nearly £2000 a year on pain medication I can barely live without because they messed up an operation on my spine that they wont fix but I'm not entitled to a medically exempt card( like a diabetes patient would be given) when I asked why I was told it's because my body can function without it. Yes. but it'd force me into a wheelchair without it. I've work with elderly people with severe spinal arthritis who have much more mobility then I do without my pain relief. If we ever get pregnant again I'll have to come off it but tbh- I'll be spending as much time as I can pure relaxing and just being a bit of a lady of leisure as I can- L's family stress me enough without leaving my room!

I WANT OTHER WOMEN WHO ARE PREGNANT EXPECIALLY THOSE WHO ARE GOING FOR THEIR 12 WEEKS SCAN TO BE ON THE LOOK OUT ,NOW THAT I HAVE BEEN TOLD BY ONE OF THEIR OWN THAT THEY ARE NOT TRAINED ENOUGH AS THEY SHOULD BE.sO THAT MAKES ME THINK THAT BEFORE MY 20 WEEKS IF I WILL VER FALL PREGNANT AGAIN I SHOULD HAVE ANOTHER SCAN IN BETWEEN THEN FOLLOWED BY THE 20WKS SCAN,ALSO I WANT THIS WOMEN NOT TO TRUST THIS SO CALLED CONSULTANTS 100%,WHAT IAM THINKING OF DOING IS SEEING 2 DIFFRENT CONSULTANTS FOR A SECOND OPINION.YOU ARE RIGHT I WOULDT TRUST THE NHS WITH MY BODY AND NOT MY CHILDS BODY AT ALL,WHEN I HAD MY 3 AND AHALF YEAR OLD BOY ,I HAD AC-SECTION AND ALSO ENDED UP WITH ADRAIN ,THE DAY THAT THEY WERE SUPPOSED TO REMOVE THE DRAIN THEY COULDNT DO IT,SO I HAD TO DO I MYSELF,THE MIDWIFE SAID TO ME THAT I NEED TO WAIT FOR THE DOCTOR TO COME AND DO IT ,I WAITED FOR 2 HOURS AND STILL THERE WAS NO SIGHN OF HIM COMING ,I GOT SO FED UP AND I JUST PULLED IT OUT.

I have to mention here that most of the time the NHS are very good and we are lucky to have such a health service for free... It is unfortunate that people suffer but we cannot condemn the fine people who make up the majority of NHS workers, they do their best by us and it is enough most of the time x

As I've said I know some BRILLIANT NHS staff and if I could garentee it was them seeing me then it wouldn't bother me. But even at my GPs- theres one doctor I trust (the man involved in this) and even if I request to have an appointment with him they'll book me one and say it's definately with him I'll turn up and it's with the new student or whoever. I'm a guarded person anyway and don't like speaking with new people because I feel they judge my choices and my past.

I admit myself we're lucky to have free health care but it performs at its best under preassure in the emergency setting. Some of the most competent nurses and doctors I know I've met in the ER on my varying trips in lol! The only times I've been on wards myself I was led flat o my back when theres a bloody great thing over my bed saying I have to be on either side- never on my back or front(you know how they put nil by mouth?) I've been given drips and injections even though it's clear in my past history to never do that without a full crash team on stand by just incase (usually unsupervised new doctors) and when I've been in with my brother on a children's ward a young boy led on a ward with clear meningitus symptoms on the main ward.... then them ignoring a 6 year old who was crashing... alarms were going and they could see into the bay from the nurses station and they just carried on chatting drinking their brews! Thank god he was alright and the consultant was in the next bay and came in but they never moved!

I've freely admitted that my local hospital is shocking but I'm a little stuck its 40mins to the nearest bar this one. - If my new physio thinks my back can be ajjusted no hope I'll be getting it done there- I'll be going BV. Don't care if it kind of looks like a victorian mental institute- better care!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
joshatflare
Back