Not Good At Eating Solids!

K X

Reaction score
Rebecca will be 7 months next week, and I am finding she struggles quite a bit with solids-like toast, bits of banana. When I put it in her mouth she sucks on it, but when she goes to swallow she gags and starts boaking. I panic cause I think she is choking then end up taking it off her. It's a no win situation. I feel she should be eating solids quite confidently at her age.

She eats 7months + jars no problem with bits of spaghetti etc in them, but just not finger foods.

Any advice please? :pray:

& months isn't that old really to be eating confidantly
I think if she is eating th 7+ jars there is no problem

She'll do it in her own time, remember all babies are different

Have you tried her with Rice cakes? as these will dissovle slighty in her mouth

Don't worry too much hun :hug:

She will sit and munch on a rice cake and half a rusk (that's all I give her) but she gets bored after a while and doesnt finish it.

I am just conscious of the fact that she should be eating toast at this age with no probs!

Thanks for ur reassurrance Jo.x :hug:

K X said:
I am just conscious of the fact that she should be eating toast at this age with no probs!
:

Who says she should?????

you know your own baby and if she is not ready she is not ready :D

there is no hard and fast rules ( wish i could take my own advice sometimes :? )

Jack won't even attempt to spoon feed himself, i think i will be feeding him when he is 20!!!

KX Brody struggled at first too...I found banana was too slimy for him.

He loves hot-cross buns, and brocolli and carrot batons.

Those humzinger things are great too, they seem to be just the right consistency. ( I made a thread about them)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back