Nurse 26's birth of Harry

Nurse 26

Reaction score
Hey lovely ladies

Finding time at this unearthly hour to right my story.....

On sat night 24th, 2 days after due date, had just got into bed with OH who had just come in from the pub :oooo: got up to go to loo and started leaking water, so put pad on and phoned maternity assessment who said i could come in now or in the morning and get checked, needless to say i said morning due to OH's condition :roll:

Sunday went to maternity assessment, got checked over, 2-3cm dilated nearly fully effaced, told to go home and wait for things to kick off, if not induction booked for monday :)

Nothing happened at home apart from lots of BH and some mild contractions, arrived at hospital monday mid day, shown to a room and told i needed to wait until there was a bed in labour ward as would need oxytocin drip for induction as waters had gone for more than 24 hours, we waited around all day with nobody telling us what was happening, eventually at 9pm someone came to say there was a problem with one of my bloods which needed re taken, would have to wait till tomorrow for labour ward bed and OH was to go home :wall2:

Tuesday 6am, got woken by nurse to say i was going down to labour ward in half an hour so phoned OH to come back in. Got to labour ward about 7am, met lovely midwife, hooked up to IV antibiotics (due to risk of infection from waters breaking)
8.30am - drip started and could feel some mild contractions, examined and 3cm, she said some membranes still intact so broke them with her hook :shock:
9.30am - contractions had got worse, started on some Gas and air
10.30am - was getting some VERY strong pressure in my bum, told midwife who said she would examine me but my contractions werent showing up strong enough on monitor for much progress to be made, so she examined me and much to her surprise i was FULLY dilated :shock::shock:
Told me i could start pushing in 1 hour once contractions had done the work of helping babies head down, was a very painful hour but i was a bit spaced out on the gas and air:lol:
11.30am started pushing
12.21pm Little Harry was born :dance: 6lb10oz
Hubby cut the cord
4 mins later placenta was delivered

Had a small tear that she stitched up but didnt really hurt!

Hubby was totally amazing getting me drinks and encouraging me, it was the most amazing experience ever, would do it all again in a second :)

Thank you to all the tri3 ladies, loved sharing pregancy with you all :love:

Congratulations hun! I saw his pics in Tri3, he's gorgeous! Well done you! :) x

:love : that sounds like a great labour. Well done you a d big congrats again.

Awwww Congratulations Nurse!!!

Wow, what a nice labour. You did so well.
Congratulations huni. Xxxx

Congratulations hun, sounds like you had a lovely birth xx

Sent from my GT-S5830 using Tapatalk

Fantastic! I hope my experience is as good as yours was :)

Thats a really nice labour story hunni glad you had a good labour/birth, congratulations xxx

Wow, that must of been worlds perfect and quickest birth!..I hope mines that straight forward lol!..Many congratulations hun :D

Well done nurse, I am very jealous of your labour :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Currish
Back