Obstetrician appointment

MrsNumsNums

Reaction score
Hi all,

I have an appointment at hospital with an obstetrician in the ante-natal unit - because I have had other medical problems.

It says to allow 2 hours for the appointment, has anyone else had these and could tell me what to expect at this first appointment?

:) x

hi i'm not overly sure but when i was pg with my ds i had to be consultant led as my bmi was high i had an app around 13 weeks i think and that was just to meet them discuss the pregnancy nothing much different than the mw tells you really just wondered if it could be the same kind of thing maybe 2 hours are needed coz they are always running late lol

I had mine a week ago. They gave me a bit of information on what could go wrong during labour and put me at ease about my birthing options. He was really positive to be honest. Then they gave me my prescription and some info for my doctor and that was about it!

Dont be worried, its a really good chance for you to get some things off your chest, find out your options early so you can research them yourself and weigh up the pros and cons to everything :) Its a good thing really :)

Is it your booking in appointment, they take longer and you do a wee sample and they take bloods etc (plus the obligatory long wait way past your appointment time). I too am going to be under consultant care due to high BMI. My appointment to meet the consultant is in a couple of weeks and I have been told that this appointment is going to be somewhat shorter.

No I had my booking in appointment and bloods with midwife a while ago. I an on high risk due to kidney problems In past. No one said I'd get the appointment so I am confused to get the letter, sure it will be straight forward tho :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
joshatflare
Back