Oh Sh*t HELP!!

SarahH

Reaction score
I have just knocked a can of Grape fanta on my inlaws couch... only a tiny bit went on it, but it is a beige couch and now has a purple stain on it (think ribena! :shock: )

I have sponged it, rubbed salt on it but it is still there..... any suggestions preferably in the next couple of hours before they get back from work!

Try lemon juice hun, I got a grape stain out of a cream carpet this way :hug:

Just sit where you spilt it to cover it up and never move :lol: .

Vanish is what I always use for stains.

Oh my!!

Deny all knowledge :lol:

Sorry im not much help xx

Oooooh, it comes off...cover is in the wash!!

sorry no idea - I use vanish but its not something carried around every day.
you know how to get rid of a red wine stain you use white wine- wonder if that would apply in case of juice (white wine)?
or how about some bicarb soda with a little warm water?
failing that, turn the cushion over and just like Ifc_sarah said, deny all knowledge :p

good luck!

I once spilt mulled wine on my friends sheepskin rug that had just that day come back from the dry cleaners!!! she was in shower at teh time and I was frantically dabbing with all sorts - manage to get it out with just warm water but I was pooing myself - admitted to her after and said I'd pay for more dry cleaning but she was fine with it.

lots of cushions or blame your toddler (not that I have ever done that, nope not me)

aramintalovegrove said:
beanie said:
blame your toddler (not that I have ever done that, nope not me)

Agreed they wont be so mad if its sweet little A that has done it :wink:

Yeah do that, she's still cute enough to get away with it!!

(not that your not cute too but ykwim!)

If not just take the flack and post a MIL rant in the morning :rotfl:

Sarah xxx

hope it comes out
and omg grape fanta!!! can you only get it over there? i love everything grape
xx

Vanish upholstery cleaner or an enzyme cleaner (I prefer enzyme cleaners). Umm salt.... surely that will just set the stain? Salt is used to 'fix' colour when you're dying clothes

Manda&Thomas said:
hope it comes out
and omg grape fanta!!! can you only get it over there? i love everything grape
xx

I know it is fab!!! Only here I'm afraid, I usually come back with loads in my case!! They also do a pineapple one which is fab!

elysoun said:
Vanish upholstery cleaner or an enzyme cleaner (I prefer enzyme cleaners). Umm salt.... surely that will just set the stain? Salt is used to 'fix' colour when you're dying clothes

Salt soaks up the spill when still wet then you hoover it up... usually works brill for me

Salt soaks up the spill when still wet then you hoover it up... usually works brill for me

Ah, I see. Makes sense- I use it to clean up egg whites!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
joshatflare
Back