Partner Disagrees with everything!?!

misscrazycooki

Reaction score
Has anyone elses partner got a paddyon with every name you pick? The only one he wants is leon and I don't like it personally just fedup... I said it sounds funny with his last name but he doesn't seem to care...

He wants Leon Onions. I choose Tyler but he saying everyone has called their children that and he doesn't like it. I did settle on him saying he could give our son Leon as his middle name, I did want James as his middle name but my friend recently had a child and gave her son James as his middle name so he is dead set against that..... :'( :wall2:

So now I have decided Jasper is a nice name that goes with his surname and Leon as his middle name but he was like, Jasper carrot look him up I am like who the hell?? before my time lad since he is ten years older than me.

Just seems every name I choose he hates or picks a fault with. ARHHHH x

I have exactly the same problem as you pal, my baby isn't going to have a name at this rate lol! X

I had this problem lol my partner also wanted to call our son Leon !! But I wanted Leo and I got it yesterday he's 3 weeks old on Sunday lol

I just hope he decides on something :S x

Typical men lol they moan because they aint growing the baby so don't feel attached but never seem to feel for you when your in pain etc....

yeah exactly, personally i think women should get the upper hand on the name as we go through all the hard work! x

I did say to him he can name our next child :D plus I'm hoping we have a little girl after this one :). He has just spoke to me on phone and has now said Tyler is fine >.<

Confusing males are or what lol?

I'm happy either way x Just glad I get to keep the name I choose first hehe x

This is where sometimes its great to be single :) I love the name Tyler and im glad your OH has finaly agreed xx

I am having the same issue with my hubby and choosing a boys names. We are pretty much with a girls name, just cant agree on a boys name. I think i shall be purchasing a book.

Jasper is clearly the best name, with the best shortenings... I love that Jasper can be Jay or Jaz :D Jaz Onions is such a rockstar name as well :D

Tyler is nice though, glad you guys decided on something (and he stopped being a merge) I love what VixForever did and waited to meet her little boy and get to know him as well as making sure they both decided on something they both loved... I think we pick babies names really early in this society, i wonder how many places around the world wait until they have met the baby before making a decision!!!

Tyler is lovely, glad your at peace xx

I have the same problem with my OH. Every (boys) name I suggest he says 'oh no I know someone with that name back in Nigeria so I can't use that' He's vitoed Isaac, Jude, Luke, Sonny, Elijah...(I like biblical names, lol and everyone in Nigeria is given a biblical name). He wants Gabriel, but although I kind of like it, I just don't think I like it enough to call my child it. I'm leaving it for now and a bit nearer the time I am going to do something that was suggested on here a while back....rather than just keep suggesting names and having him say no, no and no. Actually get him to sit down and come up with a list of 10 names he likes and I will do the same and see if we can meet somewhere. I am kind of hoping it's a girl because we both have a girls name that we love and chose even before I got pregnant - but boy's names are sooooo hard!!

Last edited:
I was very keen on Gabriel til my OH pointed out it might be shortened to Gay and get him bullied

My hubby was exactly the same - hated every name and didn't give me any of his own suggestions :roll:

Force him to make his own suggestions worked for me as he kind of realised how hard it was and was a bit more happy for me to take charge without his input.

men! My OH liked my first childs name, it was the only one we came up with and that was that, since then, I chose them all , and he just knows not to mess about, when I do most of the work anyway, so he lets me be the boss! Devon was my boys name 8.5 years ago, he told me then he was not keen, but knew that would have been that, but we had a girl!

This time round, he just knew I was gonna choose it again ! ha ha bless nice to have such an open minded partner who lets me win

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back