Paternity leave

dyscochick

Reaction score
Just wondered if your OH's are going to take any of the additional paternity leave? My DH is going to take 4-6 weeks once I finish my mat leave. He'll only get statutory during that time cos I won't use my whole smp entitlement but we'll manage for a few weeks. I'll take some holiday which means we can overlap and have some time off together and then he'll do a month on his own with LO starting 2 days a week nursery (or something similar) cos i want him to know what its like.

Are your OH's going to do that or anything similar?

If OH doesn't work he doesn't get paid.

It will depend on his workload at the time, leadng up to Christmas he is normally pretty busy but January is very quiet so he may just have a few weks off then

xxxxxxxxxx

I'm hoping my OH will take his 2 weeks paternity he gets in his contract plus maybe another week holiday, would really like him to be about as much as possible at the start x

My hubby is taking his 2 week entitlement but isn't allowed any more leave after that, we just have to sit tight and wait for Christmas to come when he has more time off x

Just the 2weeks Unfortunantly... He has a holiday booked in for September anyway for a week. X

OH is taking the 2 weeks. He also has holidays to take before Christmas so may use those up too.

Yeah my hubby will do.
We can share 14 months between us, so i think i'm gonna take 10 and he is going to take 4.
It's gonna be great! I'm sure i'm going to fall in love with him all over again when i see him with our baby. (either that or he'll do my head in for being under my feet all of the time! LOL )

Yeah my hubby will do.
We can share 14 months between us, so i think i'm gonna take 10 and he is going to take 4.
It's gonna be great! I'm sure i'm going to fall in love with him all over again when i see him with our baby. (either that or he'll do my head in for being under my feet all of the time! LOL )

oh I know those feelings! are you in the UK, 14 months sounds like sweden? I can't wait to see DH with the little one, he's adorable with the dog and with other peoples babies and I know how great a dad he's going to be.

My OH is going to take 2 weeks and then 2 weeks annual leave....maybe I will review the situation if he is annoying me. We
love each other dearly but I am nervous it could be like a pressure cooker with new baby and us seeing each other 24/7.

xx

IKWYM I'm glad there will be break in between his time at home, I'm not sure I could have both of us at home the whole time, especially with a new baby. I really want him to have time at home with the baby though, time for him to bond properly and also time for him to see what its like to be at home all the time. I'm also hoping that cos he'll have to do it, he'll think about it while I'm at home all day. It will be tight financially but we can be planning for it now and I'm lucky with my mat leave.

Yeah my hubby will do.

oh I know those feelings! are you in the UK, 14 months sounds like sweden? I can't wait to see DH with the little one, he's adorable with the dog and with other peoples babies and I know how great a dad he's going to be.

We're in Germany... and I heard on the news yesterday that since people here are not having enough babies, they are thinking of putting the "maternity/paternity" times up to 2 years! :shock: Wow!

I'm going to take 12months and DH is going to take 2 months.
Which means if all goes to plan I'll be off work start this Nov, starting with the 6week pre-birth entitlement - and won't be back until Jan 2014!

Last edited:
My OH is self employed so if he's not working, he's not earning! We can't manage without his money coming in, although I'm hoping he'll perhaps take on a little less work when the time comes. It's impossible to plan ahead with his work, it's why we haven't had a holiday for years :wall2:

Just 2 weeks for us plus he's booked 2 weeks holiday so will be at home for 4 weeks :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back