please help im at my wits end

Mrs P

Reaction score
Hello,
I have a 5 week old baby who feeds every 3 hours and between feeds if sheis not asleep she screams :( I pick her up and wind her but as soon as i put her down she is crying again, i never get anything done. I try and put her in her pram i lay her under her play gym i put her in har bouncer, nothing helps. She has bad wind, hardly ever brings up wind at feeds. I give her infacol before all feeds and put gripe water in the milk. My HV advised Cow and Gate comfort milk so im gonna get some tomorrow.

Can anyone give me any advise i can put up with her screaming for 12 weeks its so hard listening to a baby cry and i cant possibly hold her for 2 and a half hours between feeds. :cry: :cry:

Amy

Have you thought about a sling?
You can get some great ones and they are supposed to be excellent for babies with bad wind, plus they are a great comfort for the little one.

There's a good thread on slings here

My sister in law has one that is like a ruck sack for the front. Im worried that she would get used to being carried about all the time and would demand it when i stopped using it??

Others may not agree with me here..but im gonna say it anyway!

Have you tried a dummy?

Zac was getting very clingy in between feeds, he would cry everytime we put him down and was getting really overtired.

As a last resort we decided to try a a dummy and its a godsend. People have mixed opinions on dummies and thats fair play, everyone is entitled to their views but since Zac has been using it, he settles a treat between feeds. Sometimes he does not need the dummy, we dont give it to him willy nilly, only when he gets overtired and cries and we have done everything for him.

I hope it gets better for you soon :hug:

She has had a dummy from day one, i dont care what people say about dummies! :talkhand: She usually has it for a couple of minutes then spits it out. Thanks anyway :hug:

Mrs P said:
She has had a dummy from day one, i dont care what people say about dummies! :talkhand: She usually has it for a couple of minutes then spits it out. Thanks anyway :hug:

Which ones have you been using?

The first one I gave Zac was Boots Newborn Soother and he didnt latch on to it at all well but peservered. Then I bought some MAM Soothers and they are fantastic, id recommend them to anyone, he latched on automatically and it really soothes him.

It might be worth giving another brand a shot??

HA HA I wish! She has been on avent ones since birth as they came free with the steraliser, i bought 2 MAM ones in boots(no paticular reason i chose MAM, just a cute colour!) coz i kept losing the avent ones round the house and she flatly refuses to have them :wall: So i had to go and get some more avent ones that were exactly the same. I tried tricking her when she is proper screaming but she knows!! :rotfl:

Hi Jaidy what age MAM soothers did you get. I was thinking about getting Jake some but wasn't sure whether to get 0+ or if they do older ones (he is 11 weeks old nearly). Do they only do ones with brown teats?

Gemz said:
Hi Jaidy what age MAM soothers did you get. I was thinking about getting Jake some but wasn't sure whether to get 0+ or if they do older ones (he is 11 weeks old nearly). Do they only do ones with brown teats?

Hi Gemz!

I got the 0+ ones because Zac is just over 3 weeks old. The next stage up is 4months+, so I would suggest trying him off on the 0+ first seeing as he is only 11 weeks.

None of the ones I saw had brown teats, they are all clear. They are orthodontic as well which is a bonus.

Let me know how you get on!

If he's having trouble bringing hiswind up Mrs P, i'd recommend Dentinox drops, my HV recommneded this and has worked a treat for Sophie's wind hun, so i'd say it's defo worth a shot, anything for a calmer baby!

Sounds like colic, we had the same thing. I used front carry packs to help keep her upright at times. Also found that folding her legs up to her chest and holding for a few seconds, straigtening and repeat another 2 times. Then stroking downwards hand over hand on her tummy and then back to the leg folding used to give her some relief. We had days where I did literally get nothing done, on the worse days she could not sleep laying down she had to be upright. I do feel for you but it does improve. :hug:

Do you think she could be in pain? She may be intolerant to the formula. Leorah never settled and cried a lot but I could tell there was something bothering her and it wasn't colic. I went on an elimination diet (I breastfeed) and it turned out she is intolerant of cows milk proteins and soy proteins and this is quite common for babies. Once I cut these tings out my diet it was like I had a new baby.

Hope you work something out. When she was that samll Leorah hated her roccker and playmeat etc but the sling helped greatly :hug:

emma was exactly the same with her winds have you tried different ways of winding her eg rubbing in a rocking motion up the back as though you are bringing up the wind with your hand? we tried loads of different ways and eventually she became more settled. hope all settles for you soon :hug:

Rowan was similar in that he suffered with colic and yelled a lot so we bought a baby swing. Brilliant as it means you can put them down and get some stuff done. Worked for us. We got the cheap one from Argos, no frills.

We dont need ours anymore so if you live near Cardiff its yours hun :D

Miracle babe said:
Rowan was similar in that he suffered with colic and yelled a lot so we bought a baby swing. Brilliant as it means you can put them down and get some stuff done. Worked for us. We got the cheap one from Argos, no frills.

We dont need ours anymore so if you live near Cardiff its yours hun :D

we got that hun and honest;y the best thing iv ever bought

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back