poorly baby

lisa282

Reaction score
My poor little angel is poorly :( She has had diarrhoea now for a couple of days, only mild to start with so I wasnt too fussed but this morning we have had 2 bum explosions and there was poo everywhere, all up her back almost to her armpits, poor love :oops: She has also been really unsettled for the last 2 nights, which is a bit of a culture shock I have to admit as she is usually very good. Normally she will sleep from 7.30 to around 4.30/5am, but the last 2 nights she has been up almost constantly and just will not settle. Whats worse is that I cant figure out whats wrong, she is drinking normally, no more or less and doesnt get much wind although I always make sure. Its so frustrating that I just cant help her :cry: I dont know what to do with her, have spoken to doc who just said make sure she is drinking plenty, but as I said she feeds from the breast as normal so its not a problem. I have tried feeding her more often in case she is just thirsty but she just doesnt want it. What else can I do? :think: Doc said its just a case of waiting it out really if its just an upset tummy and thats fine, but Im more concerned about the lack of sleep and her being so unsettled. She is usually very chilled out and placid but at the moment is just constantly crying or niggling. She is not sleeping in the day either so has had about 4 hours sleep in 48 hours. Im hoping its just because she has a poorly tummy and nothing more sinister, but surely a tummy bug shouldnt disrupt her this much? HELP! :pray:

:hug: :hug: :hug:

Dont really know what to suggest sounds like you are doing all you can by speaking to dr and continuing to breastfeed as normal. If it is a tummy bug then its likely to be an infection that you will just have to ride out there's no medication you can give for infections its just a case of baby's immune system fighting it off and the best ting to help is plenty of breast milk full of antibodies. Naturally your baby will be unsettled if unwell just keep doing as your doing lots of mummy cuddles tlc and if you are concerned then i would go back to your dr. Sorry for typo on my mobile.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Currish
Back