Possible Ectopic pregnancy?

Dzievona

Reaction score
I'm new in this forum and I'm not from UK I'm from Macedonia. My last period was on 4 July after that i had cramping pains in my lower abdomen and brown secret after 6 weeks. My pregnancy test was positive, my secret didn't stop. After a week the secret was red (bloody), but it wasn't like usual period. I had a blood test for HCG and it was 186, in 7 week pregnancy according to my doctor. But, now, after 6 days from my bloody secret i still have it, although i had for 5 days therapy with dydrogesteron. I spoke with my doctor today, on the phone, and he told me that i might have Ectopic pregnancy. Can someone tell me are these symptoms for that Ectopic pregnancy?

Hi sorry to hear this.
What they look for to pinpoint to ectopic is hcg lower than normal, and an hcg that doesnt rise as fast as it should.
You've got a very low hcg number but you would need to know what the rising rate of that was.

ie - 100 one day then 2 days later 200 would be normal

100 one day and 120 2 days later wouldnt be normal and could be ectopic but it could also be a sign of impending miscarriage and could be in the womb.

Pains in one side and shoulder pain would also be what they were looking for, but pains in one side or shoulder pain wouldnt be proof positive of ectopic per say.

They assumed mine was ectopic, they never found anything on the scan as i had very low numbers that were dipping and rising eratically. my hcg went from 81 to 10 in 4 days and I started bleeding. I might never know if it was ectopic or not but my body seems to have dealt with it, if it was ectopic i'm thankful my body saw it as so and dealt with it all itself.

If I had high numbers and ectopic I would have been in real trouble and risked a rupture. I think the only thing you can hope for when having an ectopic is your numbers stay low and your body realises something isn't right so you don't affect your future fertility. :hug:

Hi sorry to hear this.
What they look for to pinpoint to ectopic is hcg lower than normal, and an hcg that doesnt rise as fast as it should.
You've got a very low hcg number but you would need to know what the rising rate of that was.

ie - 100 one day then 2 days later 200 would be normal

100 one day and 120 2 days later wouldnt be normal and could be ectopic but it could also be a sign of impending miscarriage and could be in the womb.

Pains in one side and shoulder pain would also be what they were looking for, but pains in one side or shoulder pain wouldnt be proof positive of ectopic per say.

They assumed mine was ectopic, they never found anything on the scan as i had very low numbers that were dipping and rising eratically. my hcg went from 81 to 10 in 4 days and I started bleeding. I might never know if it was ectopic or not but my body seems to have dealt with it, if it was ectopic i'm thankful my body saw it as so and dealt with it all itself.

If I had high numbers and ectopic I would have been in real trouble and risked a rupture. I think the only thing you can hope for when having an ectopic is your numbers stay low and your body realises something isn't right so you don't affect your future fertility. :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kayx94
Back