Potty progress

Rubys mummy

Reaction score
Ruby has been showing intrest in the toilet-she alway comes into the bathroom with me and for the last few months i tell her I am "wee wee" when on the loo-she points to it now, and says "wee wee".

Bought a potty and left it in living room, she has started to sit on it (clothed) and says "wee wee". Last night I took her nappy off, she wandered round the living room nappy free for a while (we have laminate), and sat down on the potty a few times but didnt wee but I am delighted she is making such good progress!!!

Is she too young, I am not ushing her at all, just leaving it around to get her used to it....

Ahhh, She sounds like shes coming on so well. If shes showing an interest I'd carry on it's not going to do any harm. I haven't tried mine that young but they haven't showed any interest till they were at least 2. Nathan hasn't even said mummy or daddy yet never mind know when he's having a wee :roll:

That is fantastic hun :cheer:

I have been doing the same with Gabs and she now sits on the potty naked but is still not too sure about weeing on it.

She now tells me when she is weeing and tells me when she has pooed; so I am hoping the process won't be too painful!
I have not pushed her at all; just left the potty around and let Gabs accompany me to the loo.

All the best hun :hug:

I did this with Lucy from about the same age. The potty was always there and she would sometimes play with it and sometimes ignore it. We also talked about what a potty was for and allowed her to watch when we went to the toilet. She didn't really do much on the potty till closer to her second birthday but as soon gradually she seemed to be more ready for it. I kept putting it off because it was winter (Lucy was born in May) and everyone says to wait for the better weather so they can wear skirts and its easier if you end up washing a lot of clothes from mistakes. Anyway 2 weeks before her 2nd birthday I decided it was time to go for it and decided that I wasn't going to put her in a nappy when we were at home for the weekend.

It took a few goes and few wet puddles but by the end of the weekend she was dry. I definitely think our sucess was due to early familiarity with the potty but no pressure.

Sounds like you're doing great - one of these days you'll get a surprise when you find a wee in the potty!

well done ruby no harm in playing around i have heard they tend to let you know when they are ready!!

love the way you defined "we have laminate" :rotfl: must come in handy especially when potty training!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back