Pregnancy after 2nd trimester loss

jsykes1975

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

My name is Julie and I'm new to the forum.

Although every pregnancy after loss is anxious, I'm interested in speaking to other pregnant mums who have had a 2nd trimester miscarriage.

I had a miscarriage at 18 weeks in May. It is thought following post-mortem that the placenta came away from the womb. At a GP appointment, no heartbeat could be detected. On 02.05.08, I delivered a baby girl who we named Emma Mary.

I am now pregnant again and due on 18.04.09. Although I have been for my first appointment and scan, I remain anxious. I really want to enjoy my pregnancy but I don't think it's possible. I'm hoping I might relax if I get past the dreaded 18 week mark(currently 13)

I have 2 other children age 7 and almost 5 but Emma and the new baby are my partner's only children.

Would love to hear from others in a similar position.

Hope to speak soon,

Julie

I dont really have any advice for you but im sure others do,im sorry for your loss :hug:

I haven't had a late loss, but I lost a baby at 6 weeks. TBH I didn't stop feeling anxious about this pregnancy until after my 20 week scan (at 21 weeks) when I started feeling regular movements. I think it is natural to worry more after you have experienced the pain of a loss. I have a doppler at home which has helped alot, particulalry as this baby doesn't move nearly as much as my first did -it can be reassuring in the more anxious moments just to be able to check, and you are now at the stage where you should be able to hear it yourself. Wishing you a happy and heathly pregnancy,
Take care.

hi hun iv only just seen this, :hug:

i lost my little princess at 22 weeks and i know how you must be feeling i too dread every second every day but i have to take it one day at a time. im getting a lot of support from the hospital and regular scans as well, are your hospital supporting you as well?

also as someone has suggested get a doppler if you havent already got one really good for reasurance, but what you are feeling is totally normal and natural,

give me a shout if i can help with anything :hug: :hug:

Hi Tracey,

Thank you so much for making contact.

I hope you don't mind but I had a look at some of your old posts. Totally heartbreaking to see such optimism and excitement in your previous pregnancies and the poignant messages of condolences that followed.

Am I right in thinking you have had 3 miscarriages now?

Your words are so kind and thoughtful and it's obvious your concerns are mine.

At your suggestion, I ordered a doppler today. I'm particular concerned that, because I had no bleeding with Emma and that she had died about a week prior to delivery, that I may again have no symptoms of having miscarried.

I think you're right that a doppler would be a comfort.

I hope you're feeling well in this pregnancy.

I am having an extra scan at 17 weeks, more for my peace of mind than anything, on 07.11.08 and have my "big" scan on 24.11.08.

Hoping to relax a bit after that.

Lovely to make contact,

Keep in touch,
Julie xxxxxxxxxxxx

i had a late m/c in january this year at 19 weeks but baby had died a couple of weeks before.
every little twinge ect i really worry about this time, ive had a few problems with this pregnancy but the doctors ect keep reassuring me that all is ok.

Hi Julie,

I had a miscarriage at 22 weeks 3 years ago, she too was called Emma and lived for a short time. the post mortem shwed that I had an infection in my wombwhich caused an early labour, the baby was perfect. I was devastated following our loss and thought that I would never get over her. I then went on to have two more miscarriages, one at 7 weeks and one at 9 weeks.
Finally 18 months ago I gave birth my daughter Charlotte who was fab throughout the whole pregnancy despite me being a nervous wreck.
I then had another early miscarriage a couple of months ago, and have just found out that I am pregnant again ( number 6)

What a bloomin rollercoaster !! We havn`t told anyone about this pregnancy because I am sick of people reacting with caution and saying "Oooh its early days, just got to wait and see" I cant stand it. I am also fed up of people referring to my "fertility problems " I have to politely remind them that I have managed to conceive 6 times in 3 years Doh. I know that they all mean well but I just wish they wouldnt try to impart their wisdom upon me. When I go to the early pregnancy unit, I walk in and they go " Hi Jane " I feel lke a regular now.

It is great to be in contact with other girls who have been through the same thing. I am looking forward to getting to know you more.

Jane xx

Hi Jane,

Lovely to meet you. God, what a 3 years you've had.
It can only be the desire for another child would have you put yourself through it time and time again.

People do say the daftest things don't they? I've had "sure you're young, plenty of time" and "sure look at the two lovely children you have". First off, not that young(33) but more importantly, is the assumption that having other children or the possibility of more should somehow make losing one ok.

Like you say, I know people mean well and often speak out of embarassment or to move the conversation on.

It's so nice to speak to someone other than close family and friends who have been subjected to every detail numerous times. I was at the hospital for my first scan on 09.10.08 and the midwife was the same one that had scanned me in May when I lost Emma and remembered me. She was so nice I burst into tears. She must think I'm a basketcase!!

Back on 07.11.08 for a scan for my peace of mind rather than any concerns from the hospital and the "big" one on 24.11.08. Let me know any upcoming dates as you get them and I'll be sure to check in and see how you are getting on. Having Charlotte must give you the knowledge that you are able to carry a baby to term which is something other mums can't be sure of but it's little comfort I'm sure with so many losses.

Speak soon and in the meantime, best wishes in your continued pregnancy. Will look forward to welcoming you to the 2nd tri group.

Julie xxxxxx

Hi girls,

My doppler arrived yesterday!

Luckily I found it easy to get to grips with-a good job since the instructions were in German!

God, it's so good to hear the heartbeat and I found it pretty easy to distinguish my heartbeat from baby's-quite a relief!

Thanks for the tips,

Julie xxx

hi hun sorry iv only just seem this, anyway glad you got yourself a doppler and its al going ok,

i wish you all the best in the rest of your pregnancy and sending lots of hugs to you,

PM me anytime ok :hug: :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back