Pregnancy has turned my brain to mush!

MummyJess

Reaction score
I wonder if anyone else has found themselves more scatty since becoming pregnant? Sometimes I find that I can't remember things I know I should or do really stupid things. Here's my latest:

Last week we had to go into the congestion zone in London. I phoned up the day after and paid the congestion fee retrospectively cos I'd forgotten the day before. That was fine and the receipt arrived in the post this morning. Unfortunately, we also recived a penalty notice for an unpaid congestion charge. :? My OH opened both letters and realised that I had indeed paid the fee, but had done so for our Zafira, when in fact we were in his Navara. :roll: So not only did we get a fine, but we also ended up paying the fee for a car that was nowhere near London, but sat outside our house! :oops: :roll:

Luckily he wasn't too cross with me, he will just never let me live it down! :lol:

Anyone else done something stupid? Hope it's not just me!

The other day I put my OHs bait up, he takes it in a plastic bag... I put it on the bench in the kitchen until he called for it at lunch time... I then set about cleaning the kitchen and putting all the rubbish out... stupid me put his bait bag in the bin with the rest of the rubbish!! :wall: :wall:

Then tonight I locked the door when we went out... wasnt till we came home that we seen the keys in the front door... Ive never felt so stupid and glad that we hadnt gone out for the full night and were only out 10 mins!!!

i found the milk in the cupboard and the sugar bag in the fridge the other night :rotfl:

i'm terible when i'm preggy seriously my brain has turned to mush :lol: :lol: so your not alone :D

I walked halfway to pick DD up from Brownies on Monday and suddenly realised I had my slippers on :lol:

I did wonder why my feet felt so freezing!!!

It's just mush in this head now. I also keep double booking myself cos I forget to check my diary!

I did a mushed brain thing. I went to asda and thought i'd fill up on the petrol as it has dropped in price again, first off i nearly picked up the diesel to put in then realised that whould have been a bad mistake! I got to the little pay point and forgot which pump it was in the matter of 30seconds! I went blank when the woman asked me and had to look back to see which then still said the wrong one, then said the right one and that it was £30 something, see looked at me like i was either lying or on something... I'll leave the petrol filling to hubby in future :oops:

Me too :D I have to keep a diary of appointments and i even forget peoples names its soooooooooo embarassing lol

Beware it doesnt get any better the further along you get, if anything it gets worse my mum keeps telling me that your brains come out with the baby so i can only assume i will only get worse lol think its oficially called baby brain lol :D :rotfl:

My brain never went back to normal after having Aiden, does that mean i'm going to be a double dunce after having this one :shock:

I'm scatty and clumsy normally and now it's in overdrive!

I'm forgetful, drop things (especially food all over myself :oops: ), bang into things, lose things all sorts!

I've also has a few more 'driving incidents' since being preggers, luckily no actual crashes but near misses and things like blatantly cutting people up accidently :oops:

I locked myself IN the house as my keys were left in the car and my OH locks the door in the mornings when he goes out and had to climb out the window.

Work i've been ridiculous, just getting all confused and keep saying things and then people just look at you funny and you realise what you have said is either irrelevant or just doesn't make any sense :oops:

I'm sure there are plenty more and more to come!!!

KirstyD said:
I'm scatty and clumsy normally and now it's in overdrive!

I'm the same! It's definetly got worse with me now aswell!
On monday afternoon I had just got in from shopping, put an old tracksuit on & scraped my hair back so I could do some housework. I was mopping the kitchen floor when the doorbell went, I thought it would be the postman with a delivery or something... opened the door and my best friend was standing there! I just looked at her confused & said 'what are you doing here?!', she reminded me she text me a few days before to say she had the monday off work & we'd agreed to go out for lunch, I could have sworn she said tuesday! :oops: :lol:

I had to quickly get changed & sort my hair out before we could leave... lucky I was actually in otherwise she would have just stood there knocking on the door! :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back