Pretty tunic tops and clothing ideas

Little_angel

Reaction score
I know that some of you, like me, are struggling with first trimester bloat and some have early bumps that they are trying to hide from work.

I've been quite low this week because I look like I've gained a stone (it's only a few pounds really, but with stopping running I've lost muscle mass and tone) and I don't fit in my clothes. I also need to keep my pregnancy secret in one of my jobs for quite a while yet.

I went shopping yesterday with the purpose of getting some long tops I could wear with leggings. I found loads of lovely tunic tops in White Stuff (they also have some longer tees in the top section). There are nice longer tops and short dresses that could be worn with leggings in Monsoon and Fatface as well. I like the ones that have shaping or ties under the bust, as these define the waist and then skim over the belly.

I bought this and this, which is long enough to wear with leggings and will also work as a nursing top. I also love this.

If anyone else has any suggestions, it would be great to hear some more.

Last edited:
Very pretty hun!!

(and thanks for starting the thread :lol:)

OH and someone at work both said within days they can see my bump, I even posted a bump piccie :shock:

Not telling work for a few more weeks though (at least)

I posted some tops I bought on my journal the other day!

Loving the tunics girls, need some loose tops for florida, just cos of the bloating at the moment, i'm definitely looking different shaped in the evenings and deflating over night!

That is pretty Willow,

I am trying to wrok out what I'll need for summer and what will do me for autumn, end of pregnancy and the first few months.

I don't want to spend loads as I don't plan on being in baggy stuff for too long :shock:

xxxxxxxxxxx

I know what you mean! I'm kinda figuring (and justifying!) what I need now I will hopefully be able to wear for a few weeks yet and utilise again in a years time when I'm shifting the baby weight.

I'm trying to buy things like leggings skinny jeans and long line vest tops I'm teaming them up with cropped cardigans or a nice blazer (primark have some lovely ones) wedges or flip-flops depending on the weather you can warm them up or cool them down x

i have bloated out the past few days even tho i am only 6 weeks but its my 7th so will show a lot quiker i did have a bit of a belly but no where near like this my mil commented on it other day eeekk lucklily for me last yr i was a size 14 b4 i lost my stone so i have a lot of 14s that should last till maybe 16 weeks trouser wise if the weather picks up as they are all 3/4ers lol i have some lovely floaty tunic sleeveless blouses and holiday casual dresses that i can wear with leggings but weather isnt permitting at the mo,so i think i may need a trip to primarni for some bigger jeans might even have a moochy on ebay n get some second hand mat jeans or get my mate to mooch for her old mat stuff,i may do a bump pici sometime this week lol xx

I went to H&M and brought 4 normal M size stretchy vests (2 White 1 black 1 grey) that did me right through to tri 3. I'd layer them under a non maternity jumper or top. I wear them now for bfing too and cost about £4 each. Total bargain!

That is pretty Willow,

I am trying to wrok out what I'll need for summer and what will do me for autumn, end of pregnancy and the first few months.

I don't want to spend loads as I don't plan on being in baggy stuff for too long :shock:

xxxxxxxxxxx
I know what you mean. A couple of the ones I've bought (not the shift dresses) will see me right through pregnancy and beyond, I reckon. I was concerned about spending loads on stuff I don't intend wearing for long, but I feel so much better about myself when I feel like I look OK.

I like yours, especially the blue one xxx

Oooo the Weird Fish tops are nice too! Now I've got the bra situation sorted I think a shopping trip is in order!

Thanks for this. I've been trying to buy some tunic-type tops to hide my new spare tyre!! :preg:

Will check out Monsoon and the like next week!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Currish
Back