Probably nothing.. but---

Baileysmummy

Reaction score
Im now a little worried,
yesterday it seemed bailey was getting the snuffles.. when he was laid on my chest it was like he was struggling to breath through his nose, well he slept fine, all night actually..

this is whats worrying me..

he had a feed at 6.45pm which was really good he fed for about 20 mins with no worries, so that settled me about his breathing cos if he couldnt breath he wouldnt feed.. i think thats right anyway.. he then settled down to bed, expecting him to wake about 9-10 for a feed, he didnt...

he slept from 7.10pm till 4am, i tried to wake him at 12am to get a feed down him, but he was having non of it, even tried a bottle as well to force it in his mouth but couldnt and he wouldnt budge, he was to sleepy so he went all that time without a feed, hes still asleep now, so that means in 24 hours hes had 2 feeds..

will it harm him, , cos he should be feeding 3 hourly, and im worried as hes loosing weight anyway,

im sorry to be posting alot about feeding recently :wall:

Sam started with a really stuffy nose at this point but HV said nothing to worry about and quite common.

Apparntly they just get a lot of mucus at this age. I'm sure he will be ok

If you are worried about his snuffles sit in your bathroom with him just with the shower running as the steam will help. I was at the clinic with Arianna yesterday and there was a 7wk old baby with the same and thats what the HV told tem to do.

:hug: :hug:

With the sleeping I always let Arianna tell me when she was hungry but if he is already loosing I would maybe try to wake him, but I'm no expert with BF - I had to express for 18wks as Arianna wouldnt take direct off me.

i got told not to let riley go more than 4hrs at night. and i try to make sure he gets a feed every 2hrs during the day.

try a nappy change to wake him. tickle his feet, give him a bath ect to try and wake him up.

it isnt good for your milk supply either to go so long without feeding.

good luck :)

They can get dehydrated if they don't feed enough and that makes them very sleepy. If you can't wake him by nappy changes, or splashing water on him, bath etc enough to food I would be tempted to call your HV or the doctors.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back