Proud of myself!

x_larlybelle_x

Reaction score
Well, I was out shopping for the day with my mum today and had to do my first bf in public - and im pleased to report it was a success for both of us :D

I sat in a cafe in the middle of the shopping centre and managed to feed him with no problems. I have a bf apron/cover type thing that I used and can't believe how relaxed I felt as how well Henry fed.

Bit of a pointless thread but it was our first time out and about needing a feed and we did it :yay:

I loved feeding in public and showing everyone how easy and normal it is. Well done :) xxx

Well done! Isn't it an empowering feeling!

I had a first today. First time I've been out with OH and he's let me feed. We were in a park, Tyler wad under a pashmina and I've proved I don't need to flop them out lol!

I was conscious of people who think its wrong to bf in public (not that I wanna flop it out for all to see but there was no way I was feeding my baby in a toilet) but I was all covered up and u would never have known Henry was under there! Was good to have my mum with me tho so I had someone to talk to!

Well done am interested to hear about these aprons do u have a link? I was in a strapless dress in the park to feed today so had to litterally flop one out very incomfortable

Can't do link as on iPhone but if u type breastfeeding cover into eBay there r loads to choose from. I paid £10 for mine. It just like an apron with a soft metal semi circle at the neck so u can still see lo and visa versa. Such a good idea and put me at ease.

A word of advice from a friend about these tho! Get a plain one, not one with a design. Her lo likes to unlatch and stare at the material more than feed! I have a plain navy blue one.

Well done honey! It's a wonderful feeling! You're all a lot more modest than me - I just get them out willy nilly. In fact the more people seem to want me to cover up the more I leave the boob hanging out so Ariel can go back to it lol! I have never been that shy though and there are loads of bfeeders in St Albans so I haven't had anyone bat an eyelid yet

I don't think I've ever seen anyone bf in public!

I would have an awful lot of boob on show as I've gone up to a 34J now my milk has come in!

Last edited:

I would have an awful lot of boob on show as I've gone up to a 34J now my milk has come in!

Wowzas! I thought my F cup was impressive - your DH must feel like he's hit the jackpot with his super yummy mummy wife! xxxxx

Wowzas! I thought my F cup was impressive - your DH must feel like he's hit the jackpot with his super yummy mummy wife! xxxxx

Mine have gone up to 38 G :shock: DH thought all his Xmases had come at once, except he doesn't get to play with them cos I don't want them leaking lol

He does but the problem is he can only look, not touch as I end up leaking everywhere or squirting it at him! :lol:

Haha that cracked me up Carly. But know the issues with squirting when touched haha.

Its a fab feeling isnt it, i did it for the first time last week. Doesn't feel half as bad as you think it will x

Yes would be great to meet up.

We are getting on ok thanks. Although she is becoming a little grumpy and hard to settle during the day. which is getting tiring! Don't get much chance to get on here really.

Also was meant to say to you if your ever up Bluewater and need to feed apparently John Lewis have a nice bit to feed. I haven't been there yet myself.

How are you and Henry getting on? x

Getting there! He has been really grumpy today and hardly slept. Been asleep now for about half an hour but he is on me and won't go in his basket. He wants mummy cuddles today I think!

He has started to fight his sleep which is really knackering at night. it's a struggle during the day but at least I'm slightly more awake and in a better mood to deal with it!

Well Done for BFing in public! So far I've only managed to feed Emily in the back of the car... Need to pluck up the courage to do it properly in public!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back