Question for Mums who were induced

jendav81

Reaction score
Hi,

I am being induced at 38 weeks due to the severe itching I have been having since around 33 weeks and wanted to know of any Mums that have been induced experiences. How long did it take? What happens? Did you end up having a C-Section?

Thanks in advance,

Jen xxx

I went in Wed morning, eventually had him Sat afternoon.

No C-section, assisted delivery and muchas drugs :lol:

i was indced at 40+15
i had the gel at 7.30pm thursday night... got my first pain at 4.30am and was fully dilated by 12noon i think it was, but things slowed down and had leah at 3.45pm on friday
but it was forceps

Hi ya,

I was induced on the Friday night and had Rhys on Sunday morning.
They gave me a pessary on the friday to induce my labour on friday and tat gave me contractions all the way through till saturday afternoon when they broke my waters

I had assisted delivery( forceps and ventouse) Gas and air, pethadine and eventually an epidural, and no c section.

Good luck!!! You will be fine!!!!!When are you 38 weeks?

xxxx

I was administered with the drip at 3am and Isaac was born at 1:41pm that afternoon, I had an epidural because I was in some pain, then was prepped for a c-section with more drugs in case the forceps delivery didn't work, and I had an episiotimy. I didn't have a good experience with the drip, or the after effects of all the drugs, but many women are fine with it, and there are gels and having your waters broken too, so not necessarily will a drip be needed, unless they've already booked that for you. Very best wishes, I hope it all goes well for you :hug: :hug: :hug:

I was induced at 36 weeks as my waters had broke in the early hours of 35+6 weeks. I was IV induced at about 7.30am and Dan was born at 8.06pm. I had Gas and air :D & pethadine :( By about 4pm I could take the pain no longer and had an epidural which was great. Dan's heart rate started to drop so I was prepped for a c-section and taken down, but it was agreed to try forceps first. Which worked, but I also needed an epiostomy.

I was induced with both of mine. First time the induction began 4pm on the Sunday and I had him just after midnight on the Mon night/Tues. Second time round I went in 3pm on the Sunday and had him just before 5am Monday morning, so not too bad for me.

I had my waters broken at 9 pm. was put on a drip at about 10:30. was on it for an hour or so and i needed to push at 12:20 and he was born at 12:36 :)

no pain relief, no assisted delivery or anything.
in fact, it didn't really hurt until i was fully dilated and needed to push! 20 mins of pain and that was it lol

lisanat said:
Good luck!!! You will be fine!!!!!When are you 38 weeks?

I'm 38 weeks 3 weeks tomorrow so it's getting a bit scary now!!

I was induced at 41 weeks on Thursday had her on Saturday night. Had epidural and epistotomy as she was destressed throughout the later stages of labour, they wanted to use forceps but let me push for a bit longer first (cos of spd) and she was out quick as!!

Good luck hun, you'll be fine :)

With Lydia I was induced at 40+14
I had to have 4 lots of the gel before going into labour - stubborn child didn't want to be born lol.
She eventually came out at 40+18

With Alex I again was induced at 40+14
he was more co-operative than Lydia and came out at 40+15 after just 1 lot of gel.

Hiya
with my 1st i was given my first pessary at 4am tuesday (i was in hospital anyway) and a 2nd pessary at 7pm, i was given the prostin gel on thursday as it was very busy, that dilated me enough to have my waters broken but they couldnt get the space on the delivery ward til monday....my waters were broken at midday and i had the drip too (im not sure why) then and i had him at 15:31 i was told afterwards that there were lots of women waiting to be induced at the same time.

My 2nd was easier and quicker! i had a pessary just before midnight on the thursday (i was in hospital beforehand again) and my waters broke on their own at midday friday and i had her at 14:26

i was induced with my daughter she popped out 2 hours later with just gas and air her actual delivery was less than 60 seconds and the midwife caught her as she flew out.
I was induced with my son too but it was a normal delivery that took about 7 hours from start to fininsh.

I was induced at 38+6 due to suspected intrauterine growth restriction. Went in at 8am Tues morning, was given pessary at 9.30, then had waters broken at 3.30. By 6.30pm she was born! No C-section, just very fast labour, and she shot out after 5 min of pushing. :)

I was induced because my waters broke and I didn't go into labour. Unfortunately it wasn't a pleasant experience. The pessary didn't work but they didn't do a second because it had been over 2 days since my waters went. I was put on a syntocinon drip at 2am and requested an epidural but didn't get the anaesthetist to come down until nearly 10am. Epidural failed after an hour trying to get it in and I ended up with stonking side effects. Becky was born at 1.17pm on G&A, no other intervention.

I hated the fact that there was no build up of contractions on the drip - it went from nothing to contractions lasting 90 seconds every minute.

I was induced at 36+6 due to pre eclampsia, i had the pessasry at 10pm sunday night = nothin, second pessary at 6am monday morning = nothing, had my waters broke at 2.35. drip at 3pm and she was born at 19.51, on gas and air only :lol: , normal delivery and only pushing for about 20 mins

You will be fine, :hug: :hug:

I was induced at 40+2 due to high blood pressure. I had one dose of the prostin pessary at 9am and was having contractions by 5pm the same day. My daughter was born with just gas and air at 11:45pm that night. My experience of being induced was very positive but I am convinced it only took one dose of prostin pessary to get me going because I was favourable anyway. Anyone I have talked to who was induced before their due date had at least 2 doses of the pessary and in most cases had other interventions as well. I hope your delivery is as positive and as good an experience as mine was- stay active if you can to help your body do as much naturally as it can! GOOD LUCK! :hug:

Thanks for all the replies ladies, it's been great to hear about the different experiences. Not long for me now! I'm just waiting on an exact date, I know it will be the week of the 9th of June but the consultant said it depends how many other ladies there are in at the time, so I think I will deffinatley be taking a book and my ipod and plenty of money for the Patientline TV by the looks of things!

Jen xxx

was induced at 37 weeks due to OC. Had alice the following day - my waters broke in the middle of the night. I was meant to be put on a drip, but that never happened.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Currish
Back