Question?? lil confused!!

kitty86

Reaction score
I have been told that the baby is very low, that they couldn't feel any of the head at all. Does this mean the baby is engaged? Also if the babys head is engaged does that mean labour isn't far away? Just I read that 2nd babies dont engage till there ready to come.

Here is the rant. I am really confused. When I went into hospital wednesday night with contractions I had one doctor say that if baby was born now he wouldd be really really poorly and could spend upto 6 weeks in hospital and if I went into labour they WILL try and stop it. I had another doctor today tell me the complete oposite. She said I had the steriod injections over a week ago so if I went into labour they would leave me. Im really confused. I know baby is better where he is for longer but whats going to happen if I do go into prem labour. I really dont know what to expect, will baby be ok or will he be very very poorly. Im really scared and advice or info would be very much appriated.

hi hun all i can say is that hannah was born at 35+ 5 and she had a few days inscbu but other than that was fine

i cant really advise you on yourself and your baby but emma was born at 30 weeks and was in SCBU for around 5 weeks as she had trouble feeding at the time it was very scary and the time in hospital dragged but looking back i cant believe that it was us as emma is a healthy (nearly) 1year old. good luck with your baby and all i would say is talk to your doc or MW and tell them you are really confused and scared :hug: :hug: :hug:

I have been told that the baby is very low, that they couldn't feel any of the head at all. Does this mean the baby is engaged? Also if the babys head is engaged does that mean labour isn't far away? Just I read that 2nd babies dont engage till there ready to come.

Here is the rant. I am really confused. When I went into hospital wednesday night with contractions I had one doctor say that if baby was born now he wouldd be really really poorly and could spend upto 6 weeks in hospital and if I went into labour they WILL try and stop it. I had another doctor today tell me the complete oposite. She said I had the steriod injections over a week ago so if I went into labour they would leave me. Im really confused. I know baby is better where he is for longer but whats going to happen if I do go into prem labour. I really dont know what to expect, will baby be ok or will he be very very poorly. Im really scared and advice or info would be very much appriated.

hi hun all i can say is that hannah was born at 35+ 5 and she had a few days inscbu but other than that was fine

i cant really advise you on yourself and your baby but emma was born at 30 weeks and was in SCBU for around 5 weeks as she had trouble feeding at the time it was very scary and the time in hospital dragged but looking back i cant believe that it was us as emma is a healthy (nearly) 1year old. good luck with your baby and all i would say is talk to your doc or MW and tell them you are really confused and scared :hug: :hug: :hug:

Josh born at 32 weeks - spent just over a week in SCBU and most of that was because a) the heating broke down and all the babies temperatures dropped (he wasn't in an incubator) and b) I was trying to breastfeed and he wasn't having any :roll:

never had any help with breathing or tube feeding.

I had steroids tho - they were what made the difference

good luck :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
joshatflare
Back