quick one for all u working mums

chezzabell

Reaction score
Was just wonderinwhen everyone starting mat leave???

im hoping to work till 37 weeks

With Chester I started my leave at 37 weeks, and my waters broke the following day!! So no resting time for me!!! I reduced my hours to 28 a week from about 32 weeks tho cus I was too tired to do a full week, I just used all my holiday doing that. I'm part time now (2days a week) and will probably leave at 35ish and use my 5 weeks holiday taking me upto 40 weeks.

I can work at home so hoping to work up as long as I can (health permitting).

Thinking about taking a couple of weeks holiday before my due date so that i get the most out of my Mat Leave.

S x

yea im hoping too use some hols but only get 3 weeks, of course i wanna keep a week for xmas and hoping to keep a week for the new yr 2010.

chezzabell said:
yea im hoping too use some hols but only get 3 weeks, of course i wanna keep a week for xmas and hoping to keep a week for the new yr 2010.

that sounds so strange the nxt new year being 2010!

I'm hoping to start maternity leave at 39 weeks but take 2 weeks leave so actually finish work at 37 weeks. I hope thats not leaving it too late. As this is my first i don't know how i'll be feeling by 37 weeks. I hope i'll still be able to reach the steering wheel to drive to work :lol:

Gatecrashing - i still miss u guys!!

I planned to leave at 36 weeks but have had to reduce it to 34 as I cannot even think about working up 2 36 weeks.

Life starts to get v difficult in the last tri lol xx

I'm self employed, so won't have any official maternity leave as such, but am planning to work part time as soon as I start feeling knackered, and keep working right up until my due date if I feel able to. Once the baby comes, I plan to have 2-3 weeks at home, then gradually return to work. My OH and I will be sharing the childcare equally as we run our business together, so I'm quite lucky in that respect. It also means that if I feel I need longer than a few weeks off, I can do.

In reality, I'll still be working right the way through though, as I'm sure I'll be doing paperwork from home with my newborn beside me, I just won't physically be 'at work'!

Im finding work hard at the mo (work at a preschool) so I reckon maybe I will be about 30 weeks and then I can have a lovely long rest with loads of shopping and daytime tv-YAY

Right up until i pop :lol: iv been told i can say anyday up until the day baby is born and if i feel like i cant go in i can say im just starting my leave from whenever if that makes sence? So rather than guess when im not going to feel well enough to go in i can wait and just tell HR im working up until my due date :D

im working till the 3rd april and im due 3rd may. I am a reception class teacher. They all poke my belly haha!

happy to be working late i guess as time will fly by (thats the idea anyways)

haha

when is evry1 going back to work?!? i am in mega debates about this with family and oh

xxx

Im working until the last Friday in Feb so I'll be 33weeks when I finish although it cant come round soon enough for me! Im taking a minimum of a year off at my OHs insistance :dance: Funnily enough I didnt argue when he said he wants me to stay at home for at least a year, 2if we can afford it :lol: It would be strange me going back anyway as Im a nanny so Im paid to look after other peoples children, Id find it hard as to me my bubba would have to come first but Id be being paid to put someone elses children first.

Mummy Rich - I am a teacher soon and also finishing on 3rd April. I hope you put 20th April as your actual start of maternity though! - it's handy having the Easter holidays to use for extra time off!

im starting mat leave at about 36 weeks and taking a full year off, so i get paid for all my holidays and bank holidays at the end of the year which will help pay to keep me off for the last month or so of the mat leave when you get £0.00!!!

I'm not going to kill myself this time round! I have a nasty commute and enough going on at home to knacker me out.

Thinking beginning of May which makes me about 33 weeks.

Still looking at it...in my job you either have to take two weeks or four weeks before your due date and I think it's two so I'm looking at about 22 May to finish.

Would love to start mine now!

Sue

jellyk said:
Mummy Rich - I am a teacher soon and also finishing on 3rd April. I hope you put 20th April as your actual start of maternity though! - it's handy having the Easter holidays to use for extra time off!

my contract ends 3rd april so i have no choice haha

i was at a temp terms job before christmas and term now.... still get maternity tho. was sorting my nqt year out when baby decided to surprise us :)

happy to get my nqt year done.

id deffo put that date if i was perm.

when are you due!!?xx

I'm due 29th April so very close to you! So i'll be 36 + 2 on April 3rd.

You will have had a busy NQT year!

xxx

I work part time, 2 days per week and im finishing at 34 weeks. I work as a travel agent so im sat at a desk all day so my job isnt too strenous! I want to spend a few weeks preparing for baby though and also have some precious time with Zachary before no2 makes his appearance!!!

im hoping to leave when im 29 weeks pregnant!

i work as a care and support worker so CONSTANTLY on my feet, knees or hoisting!

sooner the better! ive had enough

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
joshatflare
Back