Quick sharp stabs to ovary - any thoughts please?

Lara_M

Reaction score
Hello girls

Me again. We I am 11dpo this morning and yesterday I had an unmistakable BFN!

For the last couple of days (but really noticeable today) I have had quick sharp stabs to my left ovary area. Same place as ovulation. Not just a niggle, not a cramp and not an ache, but a proper sharp STAB. Makes me jump as it happens.

It lasts a second at a time then goes and then comes back just for a quick stab from time to time. Maybe once and hour this morning.

Its not in the uterus area, definitely the ovary.

Do you have any ideas or has anyone else had this?

This sort of pain for me is a new one x

Good luck hon, really rooting for you!!! I only had the sharp stabbing pains in my boobs so no experience with ovary pain....11DPO is still very early. Remember I didn't get a pos until 13 DPO and even then it was very very faint.

xxxx

I hope I haven't got a cyst
My ovaries are covered in tiny cysts anyway
I think I will test at 13dpo actually.
Just walked to the loo it stabbed again. I actually said "ouch"
:eek:(

X

could be implantation pain hun!

I really don't want to get your hopes up hun but I had this a few days before my bfp and up til a week after. I've never experienced it before except then and stil don't know what it was. Hope u get good news soon xxxx

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk

I really don't want to get your hopes up hun but I had this a few days before my bfp and up til a week after. I've never experienced it before except then and stil don't know what it was. Hope u get good news soon xxxx

Did you really? It feels like such a "nasty little stab" that it feels like it must be something horrid? Is that how yours felt?

Of course I considered implantation pain but its just so far down to the ovary and so sharp.

I spoke to my fertility nurse about an hour ago and she said not to worry - to be honest I wonder whether she is talking complete baloney though as she said "maybe you are ovulating late!" I was like, "well then how come I've had high temps for the past 10 days!!"

Will have to wait it out. Not going to test for a couple of days now, wait until at least 13dpo as I have a 15 day luteal phase.

when did you get your BFP ? How many DPO?

x x

To me it kind of felt like a pin prick, but bigger? I know I ovulated on 26/27th Dec and I got my bfp 12th Jan I think it was but I hadn't tried testing before then. However I took so many tests that day and the days after and on some the line was so faint while others were darker. Xxxx

Other brands of tests I mean! Xxxx

hey guys just reading this convo, i have the same stabbing thing!
what does bfp stand for?
sorry, i dont know all the abbreviations.x

BFP= big fat positive if you go to your smilies and click more all the abbs are there or in the intro bit in the forum, an i still get the odd stabbing now and then xx

Oh haha that would make more sense. thanks:)
wow still getting them?:( theyre not pleasant at all. i got them whilst driving once and nearly kerbed my car whilst going around a round about haha x

I asked my RE doc on Thursday what they might be and he said take it as just a strong sign that ovulation was successful. Hmmm. I am not getting them in the same way now. I only had one this morning and apart from that pain all gone. I am testing tomorrow at 15dpo. I have to say I am pretty certain I am not pg after a 12 dpo negative test x

Good luck Lara, like the doctor said though it looks very certain that ovulation was sucessful by the sounds of things. So if you have no luck this time I have a feeling you'll get there very soon! Xxxx

BFN at 15 dpo and not even a hint of a line. I'm still on progesterone until Monday as doc wants me to do final pg test on Monday before stopping the progesterone but to be honest I just want to stop the progesterone now so I can get on with having AF. I know theres no chance of a positive test at this late stage x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back