Reading pregnancy tests

jenna

Reaction score
I didnt really know where to post this, thought this would be the best place.

I was just wondering about faint lines on pregnancy tests. I had a faint one that i could only see when i bent it a certain way in the light. Then i took another the day after and it was slightly darker but still hard to see. I was just wondering...If its that faint is it still +? and does the line have to be perfect? iv noticed one of the lines were darker at one end than the other. I cant get a pic on here unfortunatly! My Af isnt due for another week(ish) so its still early. :pray:

I dont really know what to think as i can see the line and dh can see it but he still says hes not convinced... :cry:

They do say theat even a feint line is a positive, but it is very early.

I really hope you get the result you're both hoping for :hug:

Good luck!

if there is a line it positive hun but what about getting a clear bluE digital thEN U WILL KNOW FOR SURE

I would leave it for a while then try the clear blue tests that say pregnant or not pregnant.

Reading tests confuse me to so these ones where worth the money.

Will keep my finers crossed for you hun

Its very early so theres a good chance ur HCG is low and not showing clearly yet, i would do a clearblue in next few days hun :) x

hmm i could do, i might invest in one for friday :hug: Im excited already which is really daft..dont want to be disapointed. Keep thinking theres no way it could happen but theres no reason why it cant have... :hug:

Well it's not possible to get a false positive. The line will only appear if HCG is present.
It's still early so like HappyChick says the levels will still be low.

I'd get the Clearblue on, by Friday it will be strong enough I'm sure.

:pray: :cheer:

if the line is coloured.. then you are pregnant..there are such things as faulse *'s but these are usually evap lines a greayish line where the pjnk should be.. (or blue depending on test) if theres a line theres a line.. mine was faint.. so tested 1st morning wee.. and it was even lighter.. so thought bugger this.. went to the shop and got a clear blue dig.. and sure enough.. i was preg.. :) i think u have good patience.. id be at the shop buying another test teehhee.

Are you getting a strong line in the control panel? If so, this shows that the test stick is working, and like what the others said, the faint line is most porbably a correct positive result, but there just insn't enough of the pregnancy hormone HGC in the urine to cause a stronger reaction. I would recommend you leave it a few more days to re-test, and the line should appear stronger in appearance.

nip into life in town they will do u a test for a donation and tell u results there and then

I tested 12 days past ovulation and has a super super feint line that you could only see in the light, got stronger and stronger as the days went on!

Good luck :hug:

Hey jenna :]
I'd say yeah, as i did a test a week before Af was due and i got a reaaally faint line but it was there, an then i did one when my af was 3 days late an got 4 positives uncluding clear blue digital tests too :]
Good luck!! :hug:

Good luck hun.... I was just gonna say I got faint positives on all tests - except asdas or tescos (cant remember which one) own brand!! It came up straight away!

The lightness/darkness of the lines in pregnancy tests is acutally an indication of the amount of dye the tests contained in the first place. If a test is heaped with colouring you'll get a stronger line than a test that has been skimping on it's dye applications. A 2nd line (if even slightly coloured) is a line and means a positive test. The only time a second line isn't is if it's completely clear and is what they call an evaporation line. If there is a hint of colour though it's positive and obviously the darker the easier it is to read that it's positive.

my cheapies from wilkinsons which i did at 7pm fri night and 3 am sat morning, (due af on 3rd june) were so faint i wasnt sure if I was seeing things I was hanging upside down and allsorts :lol: (they say to use from day of af) but there was def something there in the same shade as the 'complete' line, ran to sainsburys and got some clear blues early sat and they were dark as anything, so my guess is iF you have something showing now in a similar shade to the complete line however faint, its a bfp :pray:

best of luck :pray:

Sounds positive to me too, if a bit early.
Fingers crossed for you.

Have you any symptoms???

cleocat said:
my cheapies from wilkinsons which i did at 7pm fri night and 3 am sat morning, (due af on 3rd june) were so faint i wasnt sure if I was seeing things I was hanging upside down and allsorts :lol: (they say to use from day of af) but there was def something there in the same shade as the 'complete' line, ran to sainsburys and got some clear blues early sat and they were dark as anything, so my guess is iF you have something showing now in a similar shade to the complete line however faint, its a bfp :pray:

best of luck :pray:

lmao :rotfl: i can just imagine u hangin upside down to read a test. :rotfl:

I WOULD THINK THAT YOU HAVE A BFP.....WAIT AND DO ANOTHER TEST IN A FEW DAYS TIME JUST TO BE SURE.....COME BACK TO CELEBRATE WITH US SOON. XXX

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back