removing scratches from car paintwork

lozzi

Reaction score
some tw*t decided to scratch right the way round my car.. only got it last night :cry:

wats best way to get rid of them??

some are small n one is bigger exposing white. car is red

u can only feel the scratch were the white is exposed

thanks in advance xx

My old Freelander was a maroon colour - found that this coloured polish stuff from Halfords does the job nicely. Don't know what it's called though - just a coloured polish. We never had any idiot scratch it on purpose but the occassional one covered easily enough with that. I have no idea what else might work, I haven't got a clue and hubby isn't home to ask. Good luck getting rid of it. I think the idiot(s) done it through jealousy that you have a new car and they dont!!

the scratch showing the white means it has cut through the paintwork, meaning the bodywork will be exposed to the elements equalling rust..a colour cutting polish would be fine on the wee ones but for the larger one you'll need to fix it

two options really...take it to a bodywork place...you'll be quite suprised how cheap they are...there are also mobile people who'll come to your house and do it - and get them to buff the wee ones out.

Or get a touch up kit from the dealership, they'll give you the correct colour (not some sh*t from hellfrauds) which should contain a wee pen or brush with the paint and a pot of laquer to seal the whole thing properly.

For the little scratches i'd recommend treating first with autogym polish (red lable on bottle) then the closest colour polish you can get...some of them come with a wee crayon too to fill in the scratch

yeah you need to get it done professionally hun because it will get rusty soon - little sh*ts arnt they?? they did my mums brand new Fiat Punto last year - di*kheads!! :x :x :x :x

if its gone through to the primer you will need it professionally touching up, however id be inclined to try and fix it myself, though thats cos im into cars

get some wet and dry paper, approx 1500grit from a car accessory shop/ halfords etc and rub it down where its been scratched,only lightly, which will take the scratch out and make it very dull, and then try and get some G3 or polishing compound from your local autoparts shop, the G3 will bring the paintwork up shiny, just apply it like polish, but it does take a lot of elbow grease

hth

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back