Right is it time for another now?

redbear

Reaction score
I hated pregnancy actually hated it so much - said i didn't want another for years i was so sick and ill. Now im thinking about baby names for the next one and she is 8 week old. i asked DH when we are having another and he jokes not with him- but we both said in about three years but now i think thats too long, it took us a year to conceive Alice - maybe i can get him down to TTC in two year lmao---

I think i changed because i really liked labour (i know strange!) love Alice and think i want them both close together so i can get over the lack of sleep etc all at once so i dont get used to sleeping again how strange is that.

I really said during the pregnancy my worst nightmare would be having two really close and having to clean two bums etc but now im changing my mind. Maybe has something to do with the MIL she always winged saying 'dont have kids yet we cant afford' - she has five grand kids from his older brothers but tough we had Alice i think we had waited enough we where together six years before i got pregnant. Now she has started saying 'dont have any more'!! as if its up to her- all because she says she cant afford, she bought Alice a door bouncer that was £17, im grateful but that's all she got her not like it cost her £1000's i would have been happy with nothing she bought it out of choice. If she is talking about Christmas and birthdays she can bollocks she can keep her money and not bother--- its her own fault she shouldn't have had 4 kids herself if she didnt want grand kids!!

God that turned into a rant!
Anyone feel the same?

Last edited:
Thats horrible of your MIL! My MIL is grateful of every grandchild she has (theres now 6 of them and there will be more to come!!) and they all get the exact same amount every year and she isnt completely loaded either, shes just a very good shopper and buys presents through the year.

I was talking to my doctor the other day and he said it is possible for me to have another one now (I thought Id have to wait a while cos of the section) but its just the fact we cant really afford one yet but if we could Id be pregnant again sooner even though I also said I hated it lol!

firstly its not up to her...weather ye have 2 kids or 22 that is your choice, she's not the one carrying them (had the same issue with my mother telling me that 1 is enough)

me and OH are the same he wants to wait till Mia is 3 before TTC again but i bothered him so much that i got him down to 18 months :yay: but id like to ideally start TTC when she is 1 because it might take aaaagggges to get pregnant!
only difference is i Loved my pregnancy and labour :love:

ye only have 1 life hun so do what YOU want not everybody else. xxxx

Last edited:
Hey hun

I completely agree my LO is 6 months and I want to ttc soon!

He's not to keen !! Maybe it will be hard work but I don't care!

Last night we got drunk an had sex sorry tmi and He said lets make a baby! :dance: drunk talk doesn't count!

I think its natural to only want them to be close together xxx

Apologies for any typos!

I've got a 14.5 year gap and so want a tiny gap next time so Kynon has a sibling to grow up with, feel bad for my dd being an only child so long I think she missed out and if I could go back I def wouldn't have waited so long. Hubby wants another right now but i cant see me getting pregnant the amount I breast feed and I don't plan to cut bf short plus it took about 8 months to get pregnant last time. Be good to get the sleepless nights over and done with rather than drag it out for years! I kind of want to enjoy Kynon on his own for a while so think an 18-24 month gap be nice. I loved being pregnant this time round and really miss it!

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

It's totally nothing to do with her if you had another one tomorrow!

I hated being pregnant and thought I wouldn't want another one for a while, but I really do! I've always wanted my kids quite close together, about 2 years apart max, but I'd happily get pregnant right now! We only have a 2 bedroom house and we've just renewed our contract for another year, then we're going to buy somewhere a lot bigger and TTC baby number 2! xx

I've got a 14.5 year gap and so want a tiny gap next time so Kynon has a sibling to grow up with, feel bad for my dd being an only child so long I think she missed out and if I could go back I def wouldn't have waited so long. Hubby wants another right now but i cant see me getting pregnant the amount I breast feed and I don't plan to cut bf short plus it took about 8 months to get pregnant last time. Be good to get the sleepless nights over and done with rather than drag it out for years! I kind of want to enjoy Kynon on his own for a while so think an 18-24 month gap be nice. I loved being pregnant this time round and really miss it!

I was an only child Sarah, my mum feels incredibly guilty - I always reassure her that it's not her fault as her and my father separated when
I was 6 months.

DH is 1 of 4 and they are all close together, we were down in surrey this
weekend and I love the hustle and bustle in his family home.

Something i longed for...

I say get the sleepless nights over in one and if you can afford to have them , do it!! Xx

Apologies for any typos!

The sleepless nights was part of my theory iv hated been pregnant both times but celebrated my los 1st birthday yesterday and due my second tomorrow ( not that I think he will make an appearance then) anyway everyone said it will be hard I will be tired but its what I wanted. Will be so good them growing up together.
We all must be crazy lol

Sent from my E15i using Tapatalk

Thanks ladies it just really rubs me the wrong way because without sounding stuck up for xmas i go a bottle of bodywash and showergel or whatever that was asdas home brand and i saw it on sale before xmas for a pound, now im not ungrateful but she doesnt spend money on precents so its not like they would be loads out of pocket! I said im not even bothered if they dont want to buy for her dont but when its there birthday they ring up to remind us and actually ask for presents and one xmas his dad didn't even say thank you for a gift we got him!
I wont buy for them and they dont have to buy for us if it was up to me!
I want to TTC again sooner than it thought! xx

That's so crazy! I can't imagine having in-laws like that! Luckily (I think) my OHs parents are jehovah's witnesses, so they don't celebrate birthdays or christmas or anything. They get caleb presents when they see him (they live in norfolk and we're in hampshire) but that's only by choice, they don't buy presents at the "compulsory" times. But even if they did they'd NEVER complain or comment, and especially wouldn't ring to remind us of their birthdays!

Haha you're not being stuck up about the shower gel! She obv doesn't have cause to complain when she's not shelling out that much money! xx

We're going to let nature take its course for baby number 2. Not going on contraception but a breastfeeding 4 month old who doesn't sleep well seems to be doing the job as there's not time for sex and I'm not fertile with the amount of feeding. Lol hoping it happens so there Will be about an 18 month gap

We're going to let nature take its course for baby number 2. Not going on contraception but a breastfeeding 4 month old who doesn't sleep well seems to be doing the job as there's not time for sex and I'm not fertile with the amount of feeding. Lol hoping it happens so there Will be about an 18 month gap

Babies and breast feeding are the best contraceptive ever, know exactly what you mean! Wonder how long it takes letting nature decide this way!

I LOVED being pregnant I only felt uncomfortable when I was overdue and I can't wait to do it again! I also love having a little baby too! If it wasn't for my OH only wanting 2 I'd end up with loads I think!

You're all so brave, I am so not doing this again! Hated every second of pregnancy, had a rubbish birth, and I love my boy, but I should also like to get some work done in the future as well. I feel all sorts of bad not being able to work.

(If I sound selfish, I am. I'm an only child, so it makes sense, LOL!)

Must admit I felt the same as you ish, hated pregnancy first time round and was very career oriented. Think i changed once i hit 35 and suddenly thought my time had run out! this time couldn't have been more different and i have no interest in work now what so ever, Id happily be a kept women until Kynon is grown up lol!

ive always planned to have another in the 2 yrs after having Alyssa. jokingly said no more while in labour but i have agreed with OH that were letting nature take care of it

ISH i hated pregnancy so much and i do feel bad about not working but i have the rest of my life to work im only 22 and can't retire until im 66! I think thats why i would rather have them closer now so that its less time off work in the long run, if it was up to me i would go back to work tomorrow but DH really doesnt want her in nursery until three, And people keep saying not to bother and treasure while she is small i can work later on... i get guilt trips tho i dont want people thinking i had a child just so i didnt have to work because i honestly didnt!! I have had a job since i left school and never had holidays or time off sick or anything (worked form my dad) so feel lost now. Definatly love it tho and would happily do the pregnancy again (cant belive i think that) if it meant my labour was as good! xx

The sleepless nights was part of my theory iv hated been pregnant both times but celebrated my los 1st birthday yesterday and due my second tomorrow ( not that I think he will make an appearance then) anyway everyone said it will be hard I will be tired but its what I wanted. Will be so good them growing up together.
We all must be crazy lol

Sent from my E15i using Tapatalk

Oo wifey you will have to let us know how you get on!!! :) exciting times xxxx

I hated pregnancy to , I moaned practically every second , I felt very ungrateful but I was rewarded with such a beautiful gift, I'd happily do it several times if oh lets me :) xxxx

Apologies for any typos!

We're TTC no2 from next month! They'll be a 19mth age gap if we're succsessful straight away but ti took 10 months to coneive Jack so we're not holding our breath lol. We're so excited! x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
joshatflare
Back