Scan today!! *Now with pics*

Little_angel

Reaction score
So after a sleepless night last night, the scan went well today. We saw and heard the heartbeat and the baby waved it's arms and legs for us.

Baby is measuring 10+1, which is exactly what I should be based on the online calculators for IVF pregnancy (I will change my ticker now because that is based on LMP).

I am so happy and relieved!! :yay:

Trying to work out a way to post pics from the iPad.....

Xxx

Last edited:
Congrats little angel that must be a wonderful thing to know everything is fine & your dates are bang on!

Xx

Awww bless, bub is gorgoeus!

And yay to being bang on date (as you said you would be :lol:)

xxxxxxxxxxxx

Last edited:
LOL apparently not so normally! The sonographer said that IVF babies often measure ahead, thought to be due to the selection part of the process where we choose the best embryo. It jus so happens that mine is measuring spot on. If they do measure ahead, they still don't change EDD though, because the IVF dates are so precise. It's all a relief because I can't get an earlier Nuchal scan and apparently even if they don't move you forward, if the baby is measuring too large it can prevent the use of Nuchal measurements.

It seems my implantation theory of altering dates is not so as well. It's all about best guessing. Until we have measurements the best guess is dating from the LMP. When we have measurements, this becomes the best guess so they use this. It doesn't really account for the people who conceived naturally who still know with some confidence when they ovulated, but that's medicine for you: they don't trust the patient!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Currish
Back