second child

trixipaws

Reaction score
how much child tax credit and child benefit will i get? second isnt as much as the first is it???? how much is it tho. cheerssssss :D

I think its about £17 ish :think:

Child tax credit wont you get 1090 at the least

Child Benefit is £20 a week for the first child and £13.20 a week for the second child. Not sure about tax credits as they're diff for everyone.

We get full child tax credits and it works out roughly £40 a week per child, plus you get an extra £10 per week while they are under 12 months. We get £133 a week for 3 kids over 12 months.

Hi trixi,

I've just been working this out. I *think* we'll get another £13.20 a week for CB (so about £53 4 weekly) and another £20 or so a week for CTC (while baby is under 1) (so about £80 4 weekly) - so basically another £133 every 4 weeks - not bad!

I have worked out (sadly!) that if I have done my sums correctly, even with my paltry maternity allowance of £117 a week, I am going to be better off on maternity by £180 a month roughly than I am now due to no childcare, less petrol/car costs etc. Okay, so we'll have more to pay for with food/clothes/birthdays/Christmas etc with 2 children, but I am looking forward to things not being so tight. If I had a job to go back to, things would be perfect!

P.S. That's reminded me, how is all the flexible working debates going at your work?

Valentine Xxx

Child benefit is now £33 a week for 2 kids, and as for the tax credits, I have no idea of your circumstances so wouldnt like to guess at it, but you will undoubtedly get more. I was pleasantly surprised when ours was renewed, we went from getting £21 a week to £68 a week :dance: It was quite ajump and much more than I was expecting, although some of it goes towards childcare so Im not sure if thats why it jumped up so much. For the record, my OH earns about £22k a year and mine is about £6k (part-time), and we pay £47 a week for the nursery. Im not complaining anyway, it is much appreciated. As it stands at the moment, I am actually better off being at home on Mat pay than I was at work :roll: x

:hug:

thanx guys :D

v, on monday (scheduled finding-out-about-shifts day) they werent ready :roll: :roll:

today, found out that everyone else has been told theirs on thursday (my team dont work thursdays, or fridays) but our team leader was off today so we still havent found out ours! :wall: should def be monday! :pray:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
joshatflare
Back