Self discharge???

LouLou1986

Reaction score
If I dnt have another bleed for at least a week, which will be on tuesday I'm considering discharging myself! What wud you do?

awww i dunno hun... What ur OH saying x

I've discharged myself from hospital before but I wouldn't do it while pregnant, just because I have a baby to consider and its not just me anymore. Have you told them how you're feeling?

x

Im going to be honest hun I wouldn't , if they are anxious to keep yo there I would stay to be safe . Im sorry and hope you can go home soon xx

lol i was kinda going to say same as other girls but i think id feel the exact same as u and wanna come home but like they said u have the baby to think of to.. Have they said when u should get home at all ? xx

I can understand wanting to go home though , it must be frustrating for you :hugs:

i wouldnt they wont keep you there if they didnt think it was important hun xx

Same as the others but if i was in your situation I would be asking the same question. I can cope with hospital for about half a day max after that i would be wanting home.

Last edited:
I agree with the rest of the ladies. I think it is the best place to be. xx

Well they have brought me forward to the 19th but can I last ten days :/?!

I personally wouldn't myself. I know it's hard to be away and sat in hospital, but it is for the best.

Sorry I know it's not what you want to hear.

When I had Joseph I discharged myself against their advice & 4 days later was re-admitted for further blood transfusions. So if I'm being honest, listen to their advice & if they want you to stay in, stay in. It's horrible being there when you think you feel ok, but you'd kick yourself if anything happened. Hang on in there hun, shouldn't be long now x

Sunnyb xxx

I wouldn't hun, your in the best place now...must be awful being there but its for the best. xxx

Dnt feel like it tbh, I'm really depressed tbh, feel like I'm abandoning my codie for this baby and I dnt like it on little bit, its making me resent him and I feel more bad for that!

I'm going to be controversial but honest here. First of all just want to say I don't know your own story chick, I don't know how bad the bleedings been, the reasons behind it or how long you've been in for because I don't get on here nearly as much as I would like. I do understand what you mean by feeling about abandoning your little girl in favor of this baby though, as I've been feeling the same and been very upset about it. I have a low lying placenta and have had bleeding (mostly just spotting), but infections and pains too. I was in hospital for a few days last month and hated it, it was the first time i'd ever been away from my LO and it was torture. I ended up back at the hospital last week and the doctor was adament I needed to be admitted and might need to stay in for quite some time. The bleeding was managable, I was given pain relief and antibiotics and made the decision with my OH to self discharge as I would only be in hospital to really monitered and if anything changes or the bleeding worsens I will go straight there. My little boy needs me here at the moment so this is where I need to be. I know there's people who will disagree with my decision, but i've been taking it as easy as possible and been really careful. All the best chick xx

I have majour placenta praevia hun, saw it on the scan good two inches off placenta compleatly covering my cervix, I've had 4 bleeds since 31 weeks the 4th being the biggest and losing 400ml, and the 3rd one a hour before 100mls so I can see why there worried but dnt see why if I dnt bleed for at least a week they dbt let me home for just one week, I got codie to think about not to mention that I ant even got a pram yet, its really sending ne depressed tbh and I dnt want postnatal depression again I really dnt!

I understand honey, if they strongly oppose you leaving I guess they know best, but you have to do what you feel best. Hope it all works out for you, i'm sure it will all be worth it in the end.

I think you should speak to one of the doctors about how you're feeling hun! Is there anyway you could gaurantee that you if you did go home someone would be with you all the time obviously an adult?

:hugs:

x x x x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back