Selling old baby items

moss

Reaction score
I'm being silly! I haven't given away or sold anything of Jacob's yet, but I think I need to let go of his swing. It is the Rainforest Take-Along swing and he hasn't actually used it that much, but he can now sit up on his own and one day when he was in it, he managed to put his head down on the floor in front of him! Luckily, I was right next to him, but I guess he has grown out of it! Haha! It hasn't even used up its first set of batteries, but he's a big boy.

I was about to post it for sale here, but I stopped myself because I am being overly sentimental. We have the pictures and the baby, so why can't I just let go of the swing? I think it is partly because it was one of the only baby items I had around the flat before he was born, but still... How do I let go? :(

can you not just pop it in a binbag and put it in the attic for baby number 2? :wink:

Haha! I am trying to justify doing something like that, but I live in a flat and we have storage, but not tons and baby number two probably won't happen for years! :( Also, my husband is already such a packrat. :p

aw hehe! i've kept all of the stuff i got from people etc. my house is full of baby stuff. when amelia grows out of things were going to have a cut down. we'll keep select clothes and toys and the rocking chair, but i think everything else we will sell.

I know how you feel. I put August's bouncy chair on freecycle recently and had no problems until the requests started coming in. Suddenly I felt really attached to it and didn't want to give it away. I waited a few days and then decided to go ahead and give it away. It was sad, but the person that picked it up was so excited about it that I felt better about letting it go.

Oh no, you reminded me! I also have a massive bag of baby clothes under the bed that I need to give away! I have had some of them under there since Jacob was born because he never fit into newborn size. Part of that is laziness though... Ha!

I can't give away any of LO's stuff. Thankfully I have a MASSIVE storage cupboard....it's all boxed, labled and saved in there. No more babies for me but LO's baby stuff is going no where! I've even just boxed away his 5th pair of shoes....I mean I can understand people keeping the first pair of shoes, but the 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th, it's silly but I just can't get rid of any of it. I couldn't put them in the bin and I couldn't give my boys things to someone else...so storage it is. I thank God I have the space to keep it!!

I've got rid of loads just kept all the really cute stuff I couldn't part with xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back