sex after a natural birth

kirlykird

Reaction score
hi ladies :wave:

Just a quick question... how soon after a natural birth were you able to have sex?

Also after a natural birth, how long did you all bleed?

Last time I had twins and a c section and felt like I bled forever, don't know whether it will be less this time as only one and hoping to do naturally :pray:

Sorry for the vulgur question, but I just need to know :wink:

I just stopped bleeding 2 days ago, although it did almost stop then started again!

As for sex, still haven't tried! Waiting until my 6 week check and am back on the pill before OH gets any sex from me! Rather scared at the prospect though! :lol:

I bled for about four weeks but have had really irregular bleeding ever since. We still havn't had sex yet as I was too sore for about 5-6 weeks and to be honest havn't had much time to ourselves since but hoping to soon. Jake is 11 weeks now. I am also a bit scared of getting pregnant again right away although I am on the pill. I know people who have had sex 2 weeks after the birth and others who havn't had sex for 6 months it is just whatever feels right for you.

Only just started having sex this week, I had an episotomy and labial tearing, it was still very sore even waiting that long.

I had only stopped bleeding in the 5th week.

We had sex 9 days after, had only small tear without stiches.

Stopped bleeding around 5 weeks

i bled for 2-3 weeks after having my babies and as soon as i stopped bleeding i had sex again

I bled for about 10 days after and Charlie was 5 weeks when we did it, i must admit i was terrified, dont know why as i didnt have any stiches or anything it was just the thought. It was fine in the end!!!

I bled for 6 weeks.

We attempted sex 4 months after the birth. We just couldn't be bothered before that, we were both too tired lol.

ETA: I had an episiotomy with a 3rd degree tear ontop.

I bled for 5 weeks after i had Mia-and we did'nt have sex for about 3 months or so-both to tired and had such a bad tear....my bits were too sore to even think about-it's still a little sore now.

Amy xx

I'm having awful pain as a result of all my scaring so really am not that keen on the idea. We've tried twice and neither time has been that great. Guess I need to get pissed and just go for it but hard with the kids around :?

We've only had sex twice since Harrison has been born my libido has disapeared :(
I bed for about 5-6 weeks

I bled for 6 weeks, stopped for 2 then got my period. We tried having sex about 4 months after but it hurt like hell & that was that.
Have done it once properly (I was drunk :oops: so wasn't too bad) and tried again about 3 weeks ago & it still hurt & was very uncomfortable so we stopped. I'm so scared of it hurting & scared i'll rip (I tore from front to back & tore badly inside too) I know I won't tear but sex has changed for me since having Jamie, I almost feel dirty doing it & feel like I shouldn't now i'm a Mum! :think:

nicki said:
I bled for 6 weeks, stopped for 2 then got my period. We tried having sex about 4 months after but it hurt like hell & that was that.
Have done it once properly (I was drunk :oops: so wasn't too bad) and tried again about 3 weeks ago & it still hurt & was very uncomfortable so we stopped. I'm so scared of it hurting & scared i'll rip (I tore from front to back & tore badly inside too) I know I won't tear but sex has changed for me since having Jamie, I almost feel dirty doing it & feel like I shouldn't now i'm a Mum! :think:

Awwww Niki hun thats awful you feel that way. Being a mum is just part of who you are, dont forget you are also a woman and need and deserve affection. I felt like this after the birth of my daughter so we didnt do the deed for at least 8 months which wasn't good on our relationship. I found it helped when we moved her into her own room.

I bled for about 1wk but I only had a little tear and no stitches. We had sex after about 3wks or so

S.xx

We had sex for the first time post birth last night, exactly 4 weeks after.

I had an episiotomy and im pleased to say that it felt GREAT! (the sex not the episiotomy!) :rotfl: :oops: No soreness or anything, I was so worried it would hurt or be crap!

Also OH said that it feels 'the same' down there so im obviously not a 'bucket' :rotfl: Phew!!

Sorry if thats tmi!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back