Should i still buy everyone xmas presents?

mabelina

Reaction score
My parents say i should leave the family presents this year and just concentrate on buying stuff for the baby due next June. I know the whole family will be more than understanding but id feel awful. My parents are definitely having something off me but what about my sister, niece and nephew and cousins and best friends?

To be honest, we're due in Feb, and we're still getting everyone something.. just cutting way down - like instead of presents etc each household is just getting a tub of biscuits/box of chocolates or whatever..

people shouldn't really expect much because they know how much a baby costs lol :) xx

just get token gifts hun after all most people are expecting over christmas

we are in the same boat. i have agreed with my sister and partner that we will not buy for each other, but just for the children.

i am not buying for any friends this year as lo due next week, i am just going to have friends around for a drink and mincepie one evening.

real friends dont need a present just spending some time with them should be enough!!!
xxxxx

kadesmummy said:
To be honest, we're due in Feb, and we're still getting everyone something.. just cutting way down - like instead of presents etc each household is just getting a tub of biscuits/box of chocolates or whatever..

people shouldn't really expect much because they know how much a baby costs lol :) xx
thats what we will be doing this year cutting down alot

My babies due in Jan and Im still buying family presents, afterall my family are all contributing and buying presents for the baby so I feel I should buy them an Xmas pressie even if its only a gesture!

I will be buying presents but just cutting down a bit, I am due in June too x

We are doing a secret santa this year. My sis has just bought a new flat and the whole family is skint. So we are putting names in a hat, that way we only have to buy 1 present each.

Secret Santas a good idea! I think it depends on your personal circumstances and how much you usually spend and of course how much family you have! totally personal choice and on your finances, we have already budgeted for it and just a little something to say you are thinking of them such as a fave CD or book i think is nice enough.

I guess as Elliebelle said, all the family are buying for the baby so i guess a small present each is the least i can do. I havent a huge family anyway so it wont cost me the earth if im sensible in what im buying.

I agree with everyone else. Just cut down to a box of biccies or something, after all it's the thought the counts :hug:

Our LO is due the week before Christmas and we're still getting everyone something. We usually only get smallish (£10) gifts for the adults and slightly more expensive (£15-£20) for the kids anyway.

Yeah we have decided this year to cut right down and just buy smaller presents!!!!

Xmas isnt all about gifts anyway, so long as the family are all together and everyone is happy and healthy thats the main thing :D

We are still buying for everyone as i have been saving for vouchers all year so we have enough set aside for everyone, although whatever is left we can use on buying baby things!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Currish
Back