SMEP - November! Making the 20% chance a 40% one!

CupcakeMummy

Reaction score
Hi ladies. :)

I've decided we're going to do SMEP this month and stick to it properly.

My CD8 is Tuesday so 1st November.

Anyone else on similar timing?

Last edited:
I'm about a day behind you now cupcake, but won't be smeping, it's too much pressure I think.

We've been conceiving on the pattern of three to four times a month (ish), once before ov and 2 or 3 times during fertile window. Think I'll stick roughly with that.

Don't want to change too much to what we've been doing as it seems to work. I guess it's like a mini version of smep though!!

Last edited:
I like the sound of mini SMEP too! If it's working for you babes then that's what matters. :)

Looking forward to a positive November. :)

Hopefully all us ladies can keep each other company.

Glad I've got over a week until the 2ww starts again. Will stop coffee on Tuesday though.

I like the sound of mini SMEP too! If it's working for you babes then that's what matters. :)

Glad I've got over a week until the 2ww starts again. Will stop coffee on Tuesday though.

After my mc I just started drinking all the caffeine in the world - needed to be rebellious! Will be back on decaf this week I think, starting to get used to it really.

Good luck girls. The other thing I would recommend if you don't already take up some exercise. I started swimming last month and my SIL took up Zumba and we're both due next June/July. My SIL reckons it's to do with the good endorphins, not sure if that's right but swimming definitely helped chill me out. Look forward to seeing you all in tri 1 xxx

After my mc I just started drinking all the caffeine in the world - needed to be rebellious! Will be back on decaf this week I think, starting to get used to it really.

It's funny I gave up caffine and ate and drank all the 'right' things and then last month I thought sod it and went back on proper coffee and didn't watch what I ate or drank xxx

Hi ladies. :)

I've decided we're going to do SMEP this month and stick to it properly.

My CD8 is Tuesday so 1st November.

Anyone else on similar timing?

Good luck, Cupcake!! I will be trying SMEP during my cycle in December (decided to start TTC only from Dec). I will be keenly following you. Fx for you!! xx

Thanks vid! Fx for both of us having an extra Christmas treat. :)

All the best girls. Will be stalking in November and hoping for lots of lovely bfp's!!!

Thanks Spammy.

First night tomorrow for us!!!

Amusing me already as I think Hubby fancies some tonight but he's not getting it for risk we won't feel like it tomorrow!!

Thanks Cupcake for starting..

Seemed to have fallen out of sync with you ladies but if AF shows will be trying if OH decides to give me some love juice. He is having a little boy moment but will be following you and hoping it is your month, especially for you Leesey but all of you deserve it :)

Taffy, great to hear it can work even when you are doing all the 'wrong' things. It's my sister and mines birthday this week so had a very heavy weekend. Convinced myself October wasn't my month because OH had a personality transplant but noticed how moody I am so you never know, keep that seat warm please :)

xx

Someone will probably correct me but I think you start BD every other day from CD8 and then every day around OV time. Sounds like normal bonking to me because I find my sex drive increases around OV anyway, the wonders of mother nature xxx

Taffy, great to hear it can work even when you are doing all the 'wrong' things. It's my sister and mines birthday this week so had a very heavy weekend. Convinced myself October wasn't my month because OH had a personality transplant but noticed how moody I am so you never know, keep that seat warm please :)

xx

I know it was my OH that noticed it worked the month I did all the 'wrong' things. I think it might have been because I chilled out. Don;t worry my lovely I'm saving a seat for you, in fact there's plenty of room for all of you so get yourselves over here xxxx

I am pretty sure AF is gonna arrive on schedule tomorrow so I think I am gonna try every other day this cycle (instead of every day, which we did last month). So i guess thats the SMEP? I won't be too strict tho. So when you say every day and then every day over ov how many days before ov do u mean? just one day before and then the day after too? I have never done the SMEP before, any advice appreciated xx:)

Last edited:
I really hope so Taffy but if you read my other posts (not going to bore everyone or risk getting upset) OH had other plans this month so it would be a miracle or really strong sperms if I caught.

Lisey, you count the eight day from your last period and if the witch has gone you can start bonking every other day from CD8. If you know your OV window then you bonk every day and then once again after OV. If you don't know OV time, it is usually between 14-17 days but every woman is different.

If you are laid back I would just bonk every other day throughout your cycle if you can. Sperm can live up to 5 days in 'good' conditions so if you are bonking regularly you have the same chance as the woman that is testing OV using OPK etc. That is just my opinion, someone who has caught using SMEP might be better to advise...

xxx

I really hope so Taffy but if you read my other posts (not going to bore everyone or risk getting upset) OH had other plans this month so it would be a miracle or really strong sperms if I caught.

Lisey, you count the eight day from your last period and if the witch has gone you can start bonking every other day from CD8. If you know your OV window then you bonk every day and then once again after OV. If you don't know OV time, it is usually between 14-17 days but every woman is different.

If you are laid back I would just bonk every other day throughout your cycle if you can. Sperm can live up to 5 days in 'good' conditions so if you are bonking regularly you have the same chance as the woman that is testing OV using OPK etc. That is just my opinion, someone who has caught using SMEP might be better to advise...

xxx

Thanks for the help and advice Tara. i am using the clear blue fertility monitor so that will tell me the most fertile days. I guess I will dtd every other day on high days and then both days on the peak...correct me if this is wrong anyone xx

Well if you have the CBF you should have no problem :) I read two posts this morning from ladies saying the caught on the first month using CBF, is this your first month? xx

I started using it at the beginning of this cycle. I can feel the nasty witch flying in so hoprfully it will be 2nd month lucky!! :) xx

Yep. You ladies have it right.

We're doing every other day from today (CD8) and then once I get a +OPK we'll do it that day and the next 2 days. Then you have a days break and do it once more.

That'll be a LOT of sex for us!! Lol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
joshatflare
Back