smoothies

Sarah&Braydon

Reaction score
can someone please help me iv tried making Braydon and myself smoothies a couple of times but he never seems able to drink them he has now started on a beaker (at last) so i tried making one again today but he still couldnt drink it
He has this beaker http://www.mothercare.com/gp/product/B0 ... 8&mcb=core
so was wondering if u had any good ideas?
or if u have any weeker smoothie recipes could u please let me know wot they are

what do you use to make them thick? i.e. yoghurt, icecream, banana?
because you might be able to use just a little less of that to make them thinner

ive no idea if this would work, but could you try a straw? pop it in a plastic cup and use a thick straw? it might not be a good idea, im not sure???

or, we add apple or pinapple juice to some of ours, you could add some of that to make it a bit thiner.

You could add milk or fruit juice to make it thinner? What fruits etc does he like I've got a smoothie machine and it came with a great book on recipies/ideas for drinks (some alcoholic I've never tried) but the fruit onces I have had have been delicious. You can pretty much throw anything in them from ice cubes to ice cream, fruits of any description, milk, juices etc. Lovely!!!

Love smoothies, and I'm sure Braydon and yourself Sarah_B's_mummy87 are having fun trying lots of new combinations :cheer:

You can pass your smoothies through a sieve, this will make them much thinner, or have you thought about a juicer? Sometimes I eat my smoothies with a spoon, like a dessert, might be an option? Or freeze them into lollipops, not the time of year for it but another way of keeping the goodness and easier for Braydon.

Best wishes :hug:

Does a blender do the same thing as a smoothie maker and does anyone have any recipes? Ive tried some of the commercial ones and wasn't too fussed so would prefer to make my own.

I use a blender or a juicer Minime, and as for recipes its better to just buy things you already like and mix them with others you like and chances are, you'll like it hehe

I like to use organic blueberry yoghurt as a base, then add anything from strawberries to plums, and it always comes out tasting lovely :) But you can also add seeds and nuts, I love pumpkin seeds and almonds, all helps with getting in those Vits and Mins :cheer:

ooo.. never thought of frezzing them....

Good idea!!

I recently bought a smoothie called Sparky which is wild Acai berry. Contained omega 3 so thought I'd give it a go.

OMG it is FOUL :puke: :puke: :puke:

Its like a purply red colour with this silvery film floating on the top and stinks of fish. It looked just like fish blood and guts ewwwww!

samrbtson said:
ooo.. never thought of frezzing them....

Good idea!!

I know, excellent idea I'd never have thought to freeze them into little baby pop's either!! Will remember that one for the summer months!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back