so angry with hospital

tracey 2

Reaction score
hi guys, as some of you might have know i went down to the hospital today as they were meant to do a DNA on my angel, they said they were unable to as the baby wasnt at the right stage of development as the baby has to be 14 weeks before they can do a post mortem. I lost my angel at 13 weeks 3 days i just dont understand they told me they would. :(

I was too upset to say anything or complain do you think i should what difference does a few days make? im so upset now but they did say about what i wanted to do about funeral arrangements i said id rather have my angel cremated so they will be in touch in a couple of days.

I had some tests done as well to see why iv miscarried twice now, the results will be sent to my doc they didnt really say anything to me i felt really weird they were nice but didnt go in to much detail.

I just feel so bad i wish i had said something now :cry: :cry:

Hey darling :hug: :hug: :hug:

What a cock up, but tis not too late to complain or say something, it took my sister 2 3 months to complain to the hospital where she lost her angels and now she has a winning case against them for not preventing the death of her daughter. Don't let them get away with it, you deserve better, and so does your precious angel.

I'm so sorry you got no answers from today, you must be so frustrated. Please don't give up xxx

thank you claire i may give them a ring and just explain plus i do have a letter confirming them saying that they would undertake a post mortem. :hug: :hug:

Sounds like they are dropping themselves in it, if they say they should be doing one then they should, you wasn't that far off 14 weeks and you need your answers. :hug:

Hi Tracey

Sorry to hear that things arent going so well. Is there a bereavement councillor at the hospital. I only ask as i tried to get somethings done and got no where. I only thought after a few weeks about asking the bereavement councillor to help. I just sent her an email. It made so much difference i got results in 2 days which would never have happened if i had tried to do it on my.

Do you have a midwife you can contact? I would call her tomorrow and tell her too how much stress this is causing you. Insist on a PM and say you need it because of previous losses and you need answers etc.

I know its not what you need right now but if you can get someone else eg bereavement councillor things will move a long quicker.

Hows your OH coping??

Sarah

thanks hun wasnt really thinking about that they did mention something about a counsellor but wasnt taking a lot in. my m/w is great im still in contact with here i might give her a ring then and see what she says.

O/h is ok we are meeting u tommorrrow to have a chat and maybe sort some bits out. :hug: :hug:

:hug: :hug: :hug: aww tracey i would ring them and explain that u was told they was going to be doing one and thats what you was expecting and let them know how upset and agry you are now feeling that they have misinformed you.as if u aint been thro enough already :hug: :hug:

ow hun so sorry to hear that but yeah i would ring the hospital and complain :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

i proberly will but i dont know im so stressed out as it is but i want to know why my angel went. :hug:

Aww Tracey, I am so sorry today didn't give you any answers. I know how scared you were of going. It is sad when people just treat you like another part of their job to get on with and out of the way....when you are going through such an emotionally demanding time.

Ring the hospital if you want a PM and tell them that they said you would have one, afterall, it was a late mc.

I hope this gets better for you honey, you deserve some proper closure so that you can grieve properly.

I am thinking of you

Love and hgs
Michelle
xxx :hug:

I would try and get in contact with them again and explain they said they were going to do a pm- you have the letter as evidence.

So sorry you are going through this on top of everything else :hug: :hug: :hug:

Hi tracey
ring the hospital up and ask them to expain their about turn on their decision, write down the questions you want an answer to and tell them you are not happy with the decision they have made.
Remind them that you have a letter stating that they will undertake a PM.
You could tell them you might consider making a formal complaint although this might seem to much to think about at the moment.

I suggest you have a cup ot tea before making the phone call and have someone with you who can take over the phone call if you find it too emotional.

i find it easier to be strong when i have my questions in front of me.

i hope this gets better for you, it is so much to cope with

thinking of you, take care

feel so angry for you. It seems terrible that you need to fight at a time when you're so vunerable.

:hug:

thank you guys for all the messages. :hug:

i phoned my m/w this morning and i popped over to see her and she was so lovely, and said that i was within my rights to make a complaint as i had my letter and that a few days wouldnt make much difference.

So she phoned the hosp on my behalf and they have agreed that they were wrong and that they are happy to do a P/M on my angel. She said that a letter of apology was being sent to me with compensation, for any distress caused, i dont really care about compensation i just want to know.

They will get in touch when they have carried P/M out and have the results, also iv asked to find out the sex i think it might help me a bit.

Going on a bit now but i just wanted to let you all know, many thanks :hug: :hug:

Well done Tracey. I know its hard to make yourself get up and push for something when your feeling so poo but you did it!!! Well done!!!!!!!!!

Sarah

I am glad your mw helped you get it sorted, she sounds lovely. I hope it will help you find some much needed answers.

i am thinking of you honey
M
xxxxx :hug:

:hug: Thinking of you doll, Very proud of you! kisses for our angels too who will defo be proud of you....:hug: Lv Yvonne xx

Tracey, im so sorry that you are having to go through all this. i really hope you get answers soon. They reallly have made things so much harder for you.

:hug: :hug:

thank you guys im just waiting now until i get the results im so so nervous i feel i have done the right thing but im scared of hearing the results if you understand what i mean. :hug: :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
joshatflare
Back