So much pressure to have a boy this time round!

MummyJess

Reaction score
Well I had my first midwife appointment this morning and practically the first thing she said to me was "Well maybe you'll get a boy this time." Aaaaaarrrrgggghhhh!

We have 3 beautiful girls and while of course we'd love a boy, I would honestly be just as happy to have another girl. For starters it'd be cheaper anyway, plus I know about girls - a boy would be like a foreign creature!

So I'm getting very cross that so far nearly every person we have told about our new baby has assumed that we want a boy. Does that mean that people will be disappointed if we have another girl? Why can't people think?!

Anyway, that's my rant, just wondered if anyone else has felt the pressure to have a baby of the opposite sex to the one they've got already? Or just if you're having your first and feeling the pressure too? Like we can do anything about it!

Hey,

My OH already has a little boy from his previous relationship and nearly everyone in his family is saying they want it to be a girl.

I would be over the moon with either but I feel the same as you where I think people would be unhappy if its a boy.

Its getting on my nerves lol. My OH wont even discuss boys names cause he's convinced its a girl.

xxx

Arrrggghhh how annoying! :wall:
My Dad said to me the other day "Oooh if it's a girl you won't need to have any more!"
Whaaat?!?! :evil: I was so annoyed but he didn't understand why :shakehead:

I seriously don't mind either way but I'm sure people must think we want a girl so we can have one of each :roll:

That is what just about everyone has said to me!
"Oh you have got a boy and after all this time (ds is 6&1/2) i bet you would like a girl."

I just answer them with 50% of me would like it to be a girl & 50% of me would like it to be a boy. 100% of me just wants it to be a healthy baby!!

Soon shuts them up!

I can relate completely (aside from the fact DH and I aren't even TTC yet :cry: ). My entire family is saying I better have a boy when that time comes.

My parents were blessed with three lovely daughters, my oldest sister has one daughter, my other sister has FOUR daughters. My poor dad has been surrounded by females his entire life. Not to mention the dog and cats are female too....

All I have to say is, whoever has the first boy in our family will have the most spoiled child EVER. :lol:

I will have the same trouble when we tell people. I have 3 boys and would love to have a girl this time but i know i'm gonna get fed up with people going on about it and then them sayin oh as long as its healthy blah blah blah (which is true i know)but it just gets annoying. I had it when i had my last son and it was even worse when we found out he was a boy,god it was as if i was getting sympathy coz i couldnt produce a girl!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back