"To think I might not see those eyes
Makes it so hard not to cry
And as we say our long goodbye
I nearly do

Light up, light up
As if you have a choice
Even if you cannot hear my voice
I'll be right beside you dear"

:D I heard Kiss From A Rose by Seal so much during my pregnancy that Evie was very nearly Evie Rose. I hadn't heard it once since she was born until the day Jon left- it's mine and Evie's song. :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

God loooads of songs make me cry

Main one is Somewhere Over The Rainbow..pretty much all the versions but especially the one by Israel Kamakawiwo Ole

Memory from Cats cos it reminds me of my gran. she wanted me to sing it for her in the hospital before she died and i said no cos i felt silly and its now my biggest regret :(

Loads :oops:

The main one being Alicia keys- no one, as throughout my pregnancy last year, it kept coming on the radio at emotional or upsetting times. I used it as Jaydens funeral song because it meant so much to us.

beanie said:
black - Pearl Jam

Ooh yes Beanie, I like the end of that song!

"I know someday you'll have a beautiful life
I know you'll be a star in somebody else's sky
But why, why, why can't it be...can't it be mine?"

Jen&James said:
God loooads of songs make me cry

Main one is Somewhere Over The Rainbow..pretty much all the versions but especially the one by Israel Kamakawiwo Ole
:(

That song always reminds me of the story of the little girl that was killed by her step dad and Mom and had "Kelsey's Law" named after her...Someone sent me the slideshow of her story and that song was playing...Always makes me feel sad now....such a waste of a gorgeous little girl.

Eva Cassidy - Somewhere over the rainbow and Elvis Costello - She, both were played at my Nanna's funeral and they have me a wreck anytime I hear them played :(

Snow Patrol - Chasing Cars

Mike and the Mechanics - Living Years :oops: I remember when i was little and it was on the radio and my Dad told me to listen to the lyrics.

Dido - Thank You (played at my mums 2nd wedding to my current stepdad). Didn't think about it at the time but everytime I hear it now I feel happy for them in an emotional way if you know what I mean.

Flying without Wings. No idea why, just watching the video makes me cry.

Season's in the Sun - it's got Michelle in the last verse, that's about it really. My dad used to sing it (hes alive still lol) but otherwise no idea why.

Lonestar - Amazed. Also no idea why.

I did think of more but in the timeto write this reply Ive forgotton. doh

awwww leckershell lonestar amazed always gets me as well for no reason at all!!

I forgot another one which is Madonna - This Used To Be My Playground

a song that gets me every time is ' the drugs dont work' by the verve.

lonestar -amazed was me an Matt's first dance at our wedding so it has special meaning for me :)

but lots of songs make me cry!

Morning has broken - it was my nan's fave song, she was 95 when she died and the last time I saw her was in hospital and there were quite a few of us there and we sang it to make her smile :)

Ellan Vannin http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WaCz4Ffs9kU (about 1 min in)
my nan lived in the Isle of Man so this song makes me sob!

all things bright and beautiful

we had the 2 hymns at our wedding service :) (as well as a carol because it was december, lol)

Aw this is quite a sad thread isnt it :(

Heal Over by KT Tunstall always gets me every time, OH and I had a real rough patch about 18 months ago and this song made me think everything would be ok, which it is now :)

Wet Sand By Red Hot Chili Peppers-cos its beautiful and I love it

Ermm I have a new one..my mum was playing her Josh Groban album in the car today...and I started bawling when "you raise me up" came on :oops:
WTF.......
HORMONES!!!!! :rotfl:

Aw everyone has such sad reasons. Mine are all linked to my brother who was killed in a car accident last year.

Local Boy by the Rifles as he had seen them the night before he died.
Champagne Supernova -Oasis
Wonderwall - Oasis
We played all these at the funeral.

At the party afterwards all his mates started singing Chelsea Dagger by the Fratellis so that really gets to me too.

Also David Gray This year's love was our first dance at our wedding so makes me cry happy and sad tears.

Snuggle said:
Bright Eyes - Watership Down :( :(

Hallelujah - Jeff Buckley

Days - Kirsty McColl

Good choices. I can't listen to "Days" any more, it gets me every time.

Emma58 said:
Mike and the Mechanics - Living Years :oops: I remember when i was little and it was on the radio and my Dad told me to listen to the lyrics.

God I'm bawling now! That is SO the song that gets me!! Losing a parent is so significant and when I was pregnant with Connie that song kept going round and round in my head and I'd find myself crying while walking up the drive to my house etc.

"I wasn't there that morning when my father passed away.
I didn't get to tell him all the things I had to say.

I think I caught his spirit later that same year
I'm sure I heard his echo in my baby's new born tear << LINE OF DOOM

I just wish I could have told him in the living years..."

And "Tears in Heaven" - yes yes yes.

Actually a friend of mine came round on Friday and told me to turn off my "slitty wrist music"... I wouldn't mind but I was listening to The Killers not exactly Radiohead or Elliott Smith or something.

Oh, thought of another one... Tori Amos and "Girl" xxx

The two main ones that I can think of is

Moby :- Why does my heart... I was listening to this when I found out my best mate was killed in a motorbike accident.

TakeThat:- Rule the world....I was listening to this when I realised(sp?) that I was miscarrying last year, The bit that does it is the lines... If walls break down, I will comfort you, If angels cry, oh I’ll be there for you... as I always think of my angel.

debecca said:
Emma58 said:

God I'm bawling now! That is SO the song that gets me!! Losing a parent is so significant and when I was pregnant with Connie that song kept going round and round in my head and I'd find myself crying while walking up the drive to my house etc.

"I wasn't there that morning when my father passed away.
I didn't get to tell him all the things I had to say.

I think I caught his spirit later that same year
I'm sure I heard his echo in my baby's new born tear << LINE OF DOOM

I just wish I could have told him in the living years..."

:cry: Just reading the lyrics you have typed made me well up how bad is that?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
joshatflare
Back