Spoiled Rotten

Tonks

Reaction score
BBC1 right now. Please tell me someone else is watching this?! Gobsmacked :shock:

I'm sure it will be on BBCi later for people to watch online.

Is it young children, teens? I love watching things like that, will do catch up later x

Yes, and it's about how the NHS is under strain rom preventable 'illnesses' in children, such as underage drinking and obesity.

The parents are the ones I'm shocked at!

One Mum was looking for her son, who was 13. They drove all over the city looking for him. Apparently he's a heavy drinker, has an ASBO and is never home. The Mum was laughing about this is the car, and when they stopped to talk to one of her son's mates, she asked the 13 year old child for a light for her cigarette :shock:

:-o.. Will definitly watch this as soon as the wee man goes to bed.. It's shocking what really goes on

They just found her son, he is so little :( Apparently he drinks more than a bottle of vodka a week. Says his Mum gives him money for it, which she denies.

Where else would he get it? I hate the thought of what is happening behind closed doors..

I'm watching too. Poor children :(

Those poor little ones having upto 8 teeth out??? Because they have to have sweets?? Giving your LO up to half a mug of ketchup a day??
The 5 yr olds plate of food was huge!
OMG a 2 yr old getting 8 teeth out at the very end :(

I didn't watch from the beginning, but just seen the 5 year old who was so large he was in a wheelchair and his parents letting him have no exercise and saying his obesity was genetic.

That 2 year old at the end was awful :(

The consultant didnt even know he was using a wheelchair :shock:

The 2 year old has really scared me :( I'm so careful about what Niamh eats, and she's never had anything sugary or chocolate but I worry too easily when it comes to her. I'm worried about bottle rot now! :roll:

The 2 year old has really scared me :( I'm so careful about what Niamh eats, and she's never had anything sugary or chocolate but I worry too easily when it comes to her. I'm worried about bottle rot now! :roll:

It got me thinking too.
We brush AJ's teeth after his bath but before his bottle. I guess the one relief for us is he doesnt use it as a comforter, once its gone its gone!

i watched it. i see kids like this all the time at work, its awful. mums always are adamant they dont give them sweets!!!!
ive seen kids before that get sent to bed with a bottle full of coca cola!! by the time they came to the dentist they'd hardly got any teeth left at all.

That programme was awful :( poor little children. The little boy at 5 was getting way to much food, but the mother thought that because she was feeding him "good" food she could give him as much as he wanted, what that child ate in 2 hours would last my 12 year old all day !!!! The kids getting teeth out didnt shock me at all, I am a dental nurse and once worked in a dentist which was placed in one of the worst areas for dental care in belfast, so I saw things like that 5 days a week for 5 years. The parents would insist their children ate healthy with NO sweets, then I would go to the shop to get my lunch and the kids would be standing drinking fizzy drinks and eating bags of sweets, one little guy (age 5 who was up for a dental clearance) came to his appointment with a bag of 50 fizzy jellies, we know there was 50 because we took them off him and ate them when he left !!!!! lmao There is no talking to some parents, what can you do ???

That programme was awful :( poor little children. The little boy at 5 was getting way to much food, but the mother thought that because she was feeding him "good" food she could give him as much as he wanted, what that child ate in 2 hours would last my 12 year old all day !!!! The kids getting teeth out didnt shock me at all, I am a dental nurse and once worked in a dentist which was placed in one of the worst areas for dental care in belfast, so I saw things like that 5 days a week for 5 years. The parents would insist their children ate healthy with NO sweets, then I would go to the shop to get my lunch and the kids would be standing drinking fizzy drinks and eating bags of sweets, one little guy (age 5 who was up for a dental clearance) came to his appointment with a bag of 50 fizzy jellies, we know there was 50 because we took them off him and ate them when he left !!!!! lmao There is no talking to some parents, what can you do ???

i'm a dental nurse 2 :dance:. didnt suprise me either weve seen so many kids like that its awful isnt it. makes me laughwhen they walk in with sweets and ribena!
we had an older patient in the other day she was 24 needed a full clearance due to drinking 2 litres of coke a day!! how the hell do they drink that in a day???? i hate the feel of all the sugar on my teeth

I was actually watching Heston on the other side but flicked during the adverts and must admit I was disgusted! Summer never went to bed with a bottle and I've always been super careful what we give her. We don't have crisps, biscuits, sweets, chocolate etc in the house and we don't keep fizzy drinks in either. I feel so sorry for the children-they're going to grow up knowing no different and pass it on to the next generation, where will it stop?! I'm really lucky, summer loves all fruits, vegetables etc and will give anything a go and after working with children I know how big a portion of food to give her.

i'm a dental nurse 2 :dance:. didnt suprise me either weve seen so many kids like that its awful isnt it. makes me laughwhen they walk in with sweets and ribena!
we had an older patient in the other day she was 24 needed a full clearance due to drinking 2 litres of coke a day!! how the hell do they drink that in a day???? i hate the feel of all the sugar on my teeth

Yay for Dental Nurses :dance::dance::dance: We had a girl of 19 get braces on, we had to send her to the hospital and get all sorts of approval becuase she was over 18 took us a whole year to fight to get her the braces but we got them in the end :dance: she is now 24 and still has the braces on :shock::shock: She wont go to the dentist and get them off, her teeth are rotten under them, its awful because she has already lost 6 molars :shock: and she is defo going to lose a few front ones now, so sad :(

I think it's really worries me because Nim gets a bottle to sleep with after she's brushed her teeth. it's 4oz and in trying to get her off it, but it's a battle!

I'm allergic to GA so haven't had nice experiences with it so seeing a 2 year old under GA has really disturbed me.

We used to do GA in surgery years ago when I first started Dental nursing ( 16 years ago) This was before the kids had to go to the hospital for it, it was awful :( It was like a cattle market because it was first come first serve and I hated it :( Watching a young child fight while going under and still fighting while waking up is heart breaking. I also witnessed a few "BAD" GA's. One young child stopped breathing on the seat and couldnt be resuscitated, thank goodness the paramedic was able to resuscitate him. I remember when Dan had to have a GA for his operation, I was a wreck :( There is some people out there that ask for their kids to have a GA for dental treatment (which doesnt happen, but the thought of willingly putting your child at risk for something as simple as a filling is unthinkable) I will never understand some people, its sad :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
joshatflare
Back