spotting any advice?

snr1982

Reaction score
Hey, I'm now nearly 15 weeks and since i have been 12+4 I've been spotting on and off. This might sound strange but it seems to be always at the end of the week, it usually starts on a Thursday, last a couple of days then stops until the next Thursday/Friday. I've phoned the midwife twice but none of them seemed to be worried about it. I didn't bother phoning this time but I'm wondering if i should. On this occasion i have a really sore back which isn't too bad tonight and the spotting it the same as the previous weeks, its red and brown and it's only light, just notice it when i wipe, there is nothing in the toilet or on my underwear. (sorry if that is too much info). I just wish they would take me in and check the baby but they just keep saying rest and it will settle down and that bleeding is common? I never had any of this with my first pregnancy though, which is probably making me worry more. I will have my 16 week appointment with the midwife in a week but I'm pooping it in case she can't find a heartbeat. :( Has anyone had something similar and everything been fine?

Last edited:
hey

Ive not had it but i think any concern u have just call the MW again does not hurt to ask for advice.

think as long as it not bright red in colour shouldnt be to drastic but im no doctor so i would just ask. good luck xx

Not meaning to be rude but do you have piles? Or any irritation around the lady area? Piles are a big one for bleeding whilke pregnant as there's extra blood flow around there, and if you have iches lady bits they can bleed for the same reason

It was bright red in colour, and after bleeding more on the last occasion I finally managed to get the midwife to get me an apppointment at the hospital - turns out I have a raw bit on my cervix. lovely! can't remember what she called it though. Anyway she said it might heal on it's own or i might just bleed on and off for the rest of the pregnancy, either way it's common, So relieved! Also got to listen to the baby's hearbeat which was the best bit! :)

thats good at least you know where bleeding is coming from aswell, thatis a bonus and to have heard heartbeat aswell.

I'm pleased everything is fine hun.. now enjoy your pregnancy :) x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Currish
Back