Stay at home Dads

chezzabell

Reaction score
Just wondering what peoples thoughts are of stay at home dads....Is anyone mummy going back full time whil OH stays at home???

My OH would go mad staying at home, despite how much he moans about going out to work!!! Thankfully my job means I work from home anyway so it wont be a problem for us. And as hubby is an electrician he can earn more than me anyway!

my OH would love to but realistically with our jobs he will go back to work full-time and i will go part-time
i actually think if we could do it the other way round we would- he is much more domesticated than me!

Im all for stay at home dads, but it will never happen in our house - although I have always earnt very good money, hubby earns almost double what I used to earn!

Plus Im looking forward to being a SAHM!! :D

It would be an option we'd be looking at, if it was financially viable. I'm still grumbling that there is no free choice in the UK which parent can take maternity/paternity leave.

In Germany for example, you get 12 months leave which can be taken by either father or mother, plus an additional 2 months which can be taken by the parent which doesn't do the main leave in order to encourage fathers to do some childcare time, too. Couples are free to share equally (as in both of them doing e.g. 6 months each).

indie78 said:
my OH would love to but realistically with our jobs he will go back to work full-time and i will go part-time
i actually think if we could do it the other way round we would- he is much more domesticated than me!

Same here!

My OH would love to stay at home but he also earns double of what I used to earn before going on maternity leave! So it makes more sense for him to be the one that works while I stay at home, although I might go back part time!

My OH would LOVE to stay at home and look after babies!! We both work shift so share the childcare between us which is nice.

No chance even if my hubby wanted to, I can't wait to stop working for a while and stay at home with my new little baby!!! :D

Im the same as u girls.

OH earns a dam site more than me and I wanna stay home :D lol xx

It's something we are considering down the line but initially I'll be at home with bub.

Me and OH work freelance, but I earn a greater proportion of the money than he does. As we're self-employed any time either of us has off is unpaid (except for crappy MA for me and sweet FA for him when he has a couple of weeks off post birth), so I think realistically we're going to have to share looking after bubs.

I really, really would love to be a stay-at-home mum though, and am v jealous of people who get maternity leave. Unfortunately though it just makes more sense for me to work more than OH, and let him enjoy happy times with baby :cry:

I've insisted that I'm staying at home until Pixie is a least one year old, even though we're totally skint ;) However, later on we'll probably both take part time jobs so we can both have a chance to be at home. Oh would love it and I'm ashamed to say he's much more domesticated than I am :lol:

thanks for the replys, im going to go out to work while my OH becomes part time, if we could he would finish work algther but we cant, i earn more money than him and i want a career he doesnt so it makes much more sense :D

i'll be feeding this lil mat so no hubby will go out to work and i'll be a stay at home mum

OH earns so much more than me so common sense he stays at work, thro im sure he'd love to stay at home and probally do a better job than me! :lol: I will be going back part time after ML and thankfully have alot of family willing to help out! :D I love my job and also starting a new career :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back