Stopped feeling pregnant - really scared

Katkin72

Reaction score
I am 6 weeks pregnant today and I started getting pregnancy symptoms really early after I conceived. My boobs were very sore straight away and continued to feel tender, my sense of smell was heightened, I've been emotional - bursting into tears at silly things, my stomach is very bloated so i cant do my trousers up (particularly in the afternoon & evening), and I have felt totally exhausted in the afternoons this week.
But, I noticed yesterday my symptoms didn't seem to be so obvious, and today they seem to have gone completely. I'm sure I'm being totally irrational but I feel different, I don't feel pregnant anymore :shock: I'm sitting at home on my own absolutely terrified something has happened to my baby and I don't know what to think or do :cry:

Is it normal for pregnancy symptoms to disappear and for the baby to still be ok or is this a sign something is wrong? I don't have any cramping or bleeding so far...........

Please can anyone advise me, I am sooooo scared :cry:
Thank you xx

Didn't want to read and run hun, but I'm sure everything will be fine. I didn't have many symptoms at all until about 7 or 8 weeks when I got terrible nausea for about 4 weeks. And it was a long time before I actually felt pregnant.

Fingers crossed in a couple of weeks you'll be begging for no symptoms!!!

:hugs:

Thanks for your reply Lou, I don't know what's the matter with me today - my husband is at work and I'm sitting at home on my own crying my eyes out!! I have nobody to talk to :cry: I hope in a few weeks I can look back on this and know everything is ok and that I am just being paranoid!!

Kat, I have not had any symptoms for the last few days either!!! I have not had sore boobs but had bad nausea ever since conceiving and now I have an occasional 30 second nausea episode 1-2 times a day but today I feel perfect - as if I wasn't! Took another test, haha, line has got darker.

Just think positive, don't attract negative thoughts - your baby is fine!!!! Xxx

Thanks for your reply berit :) I'm trying to keep positive as I know stressing really won't help me or the baby. Think I've decided I will definately look into getting an early private scan to get some reassurance.
Am going to look for some more pregnancy tests to pee on - just to make sure lol :) Xxx

Aw, try not to panic, hun. No bleeding or cramps is a good sign and I'm sure your symptoms will be back soon!

I'd maybe call your epu if you're worried or, if you wanted, a private viability scan is good. This really put my mind at ease early on.

:hugs: xxx

Absolutely Kat! Go pee on some sticks for your peace of mind!

Don't be upset, thats the last thing baby needs - and I'm always here of you want to chat - web if you are a week ahead of me ;)

I am just about to book my early scan now! I cannot wait!! :) xxx

hey love, mine disapeared around that time, think i was 7 weeks and i was having a brown bleed so i thought the worse but after getting an early scan and seeing bean i went home and spewed lol, alot of it must be in our heads - panic.

sometimes mine come and go, im usually sick twice a day but mine has dramatically dropped. I think mine went away around 7 came back about 9 weeks xxx

Try not to worry, 6 weeks is pretty early for symptoms anyway chick. You'll probably find your boobs are hurting again before you know it.

I didn't get any proper symptoms till after 7 weeks, even then they were on and off.

I have a huge bump and some days I still don't feel pregnant ;-)

My symtoms disappeared on and off in Tri1 some weeks I'd feel totally normal and others sick sick sick. Sometimes the hormones decrease (and therefore the symptoms) as your body settles into the pregnancy and the placenta starts to take over. I wouldn't worry about it at all, its normal and very common, you'll be hugging the toilet bowl soon enough wishing for a moments rest from it all xxxx

Last edited:
Thank you all so much ladies for your reassurance and advice - I think I was just having a major panic attack and had convinced myself I had lost my baby. I realised today just how much I want my baby and how attached I have already become in these few short weeks of being pregnant. I'm becoming tearful again whilst typing this lol.

I couldn't find any sticks to pee on and as there is a full scale thunder storm going on outside I'm not going to step out the door to go to tesco just yet lol. I am still definately thinking of booking an early scan though. As I am only 6 weeks (so baby will actually only be 4weeks now from conception), is it too early to see anything on a scan? How soon should I book one in?

Thanks again for all your lovely replies and for keeping me sane - I'm sure I will be having many more panicks over the next 9 months lol xxxxx

I think its after 6 weeks a HB can be seen, when I went about 7ish weeks we saw baby jiggle about and we saw the HB flicker, so between 6-7 weeks I think is the earliest xxx

I've just booked mine for when I'll be 8 weeks from the first day of my last period. Xxxx

Russellmuscle did you have a normal scan or internal at 7 weeks?

both, I got a belly scan and that showed up fine and thats what I got my pic with, but she also did an internal as she wanted to double check the HB (this was only as I was bleeding).

it depends how far you actually are along as at the time I thought I was 7+6 and I seen it but then I actually just got put back 1+1 at my 12 week scan so I may have been about 6 weeks.

make sure you drink loads of water - I did. My pic wasnt too good but my machine was broken lol.

internal scans arent that bad atall but yeah just really depends - they should try a belly scan first though xxx

Thanks ladies - I think I may have to wait another couple of weeks otherwise it will be too early to see anything :) xxx

Yeah wait until you are 8 weeks from your last period as then it means if you are a week later than you think then at 7 weeks you can still deffo see everything.. If you booked it for six weeks you may only be five and I think only the yolk sac is visable then not 100% but the later the better.

I wouldnt worry too much unless you are bleeding, look at me, I was bleeding and lost all symptoms I was literally crying to the doc in A&E for a scan as my sore boobs the lot had went away but trust me i realise now, its a blessing lol!

Thank you for the information!

I had an internal scan with my first and it was ok but would rather not have it of possible lol. But we shall see, hopefully I will be far enough by then :)

Probably wait until you're 7-8 weeks Kat :) xx

Yeah i had expressed i didnt want an internal as I hadnt (ahem) prepared lol!

But obviously as mine was a bleed they had to check, the internal actually was alot clearer but still saw the baby there.

Maybe just make sure when they are asking the questions that you say Id rather try a belly scan first if thats okay.

The doctor had asked me and I said no and then she said "its to make sure of HB" so I kinda had to lol but Im not too fussed I did xxx

Thank you so much again for the reassurances - Wow russellmuscle your little bean really has put you through a hard time!

I will try to keep sane for a couple more weeks and then book in a scan :) god, I will be climbing the walls by then lol xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back