stopping eating.

sarah2807

Reaction score
I started weaning violet a couple of weeks ago on the advice of my HV...she was doing really well then all of a sudden is refusing to eat :shakehead: ..the next day she came out with a cold and ever since then she hasn't eaten any solid food. She is still run down with a cold and now has a cough...was just wondering if this is normal when Lo's get a cold?? I'm not worried about her not eating as she's not 6 months yet ...I keep trying her with a little bit of food but when she refuses it I don't push it.
Just hoping things are back to normal for when she is around 6 months.
anyone xpeienced this?

Hun, dont worry. It is normal, most babies go off their food when they have a cold, not unlike adults, for that matter! :D As long as she is taking milk, there is no problem. Up to the age of six months a lot of babies are not having any solids, and from six months to a year, solids are still "learning materials" and they can do fine with milk. In fact, my daughter is seventeen months and she had a cold a couple of weeks ago, went off her food completely and would only drink milk. She drank gallons :shock: for about four days, and then started eating normally. Just keep offering food, but dont push it, you are doing the right thing. :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: Hope LO is feeling better soon.

Lisa

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back