Sucking in air whilst breast feeding

Princess81

Reaction score
I don't know why but Cameron's doing this big time!! Im not sure if he's being lazy and not latching on properly but I can actually hear him sucking in air when he's feeding from me and then it rumbling round his belly afterwards. He's difficult to wind and suffers badly from belly ache anyway.
Anyone experienced this? I'm not sure what I can do to help him :( x

Hey hun my LO does this sometimes too as she's a guzzler! I just wind her several times throughout the feed! Not sure if that's any help but it's the only way that works for us xx

Sent from my sparkly new 4s!!!

Thanks Hun maybe I will stop and wind him during the feed then. I just know when I hear him sucking it in that it'll will cause him pain afterwards.
Midwife had said that breastfed babies didn't need winding during feeds but he seems different cause he's such a piglet :shock: x

Have you tried propping
Him up on a pillow and pulling him really close to your body and holding your breast? This is the way I had to
Feed A when he was smaller xx

No I hadnt tried that but I deffo will do - thanks mrs x

Our midwife said the same about not needing to wind but from our experience that's just rubbish! Vanessa definitely needs winding after the majority of feeds, and sometimes in the middle of one too.

Going back to the topic, our LO does the same, occasionally she really gulps it too. I don't really know why she does it but she's a very enthusiastic sucker and I think that she sucks so strongly in the beginning of the feed that she breaks suction, but at the end she's getting relaxed and lazy so she slips more :roll: lol. Sometimes I can stop her doing it by holding my breast in a particular way but not always. In anycase, you're not alone. The BF nurse at our support group said that she hears lots of babies doing that and that it's probably just normal.

My LO was very windy for a BF baby and was hard to wind too. I used infacol after a few weeks and it really helped to get the wind up. Also, I just tried all the different techniques for winding I could find until I found one that worked for me and Oz. But the infacol definately helped with getting it up.

Thanks girls I have used all of your techniques - seem to be helping although I think he has reflux as well :( in the docs waiting room to see if I can get some infant gaviscon or something x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Currish
Back