surprise birthday party

laetitia85

Reaction score
wish me luck... we're having a surprise birthday party for my mum's 50th this saturday. I'm actually petrified it might go wrong. knowing her friends they'll probably all turn up late :roll:

has anyone been to a surprise birthday party that has gone wrong?

any tips on how to make it good?

:lol: :lol:

just make sure that people park out of sight.

We had a suprise party for my brother a few years ago and NO ONE thought to park in the next street or anything, so there were cars and cars outside his house.......totally spoilt it, he guessed straight away :(

It didnt exactly go wrong, but the 'suprise' bit of the party was abit of a dud, lol :roll:

I threw a suprise birthday party for my OH about 3 days after we first moved in together. It was so hard not to laugh as we all huddled in the dark waiting for him to come in!! :rotfl:
If it's at a house, make sure all the shoes are hidden. We left a few by the back door by luckily my OH never noticed.

Once when I was helping organise a surprise birthday party, the 4 of us turned up at the hotel and the receptionist says "Name? Oh is the party of 30?" :doh: Silly lady..

We gave one for my dad & he was genuinely stunned. He didn't have a CLUE despite lots of furtive activity going on for weeks beforehand.

My friend gave one for her mum and she was so surprised she cried. and so did we!

iv never been 2 a surprise party. period!

hope it goes well tho :hug:

we threw one for mum....she had no idea at all....she came into the room, was totally shocked then my nephews had hidden and just stated saying hiya grnadma over the microphones!! she was in tears lol!!!
Good luck

I am currently planning a surprise party for my OH's 30th in April, its hard work and i know it is going to come spilling out before hand some how.

I hope it all goes well laetitia.

I organised one for my dad's 40th (god, that was like 11 years ago) and we just did the normal light off thing and then he switched the light on and saw everyone. That was pretty cool. Cliche, but cool.

we had a surprise party for DS in december - just in a local restaurant.

He was quite put out that all his aunties "forgot" to drop off his birthday cards and pressies in the day.

Then we got there too early and I had to make Dh and DS sit in the car watching the 5 minute video I had of my nephew chuckling on my phone. My DS was like this :roll: "can we just eat already"

he loved it when we went in though - especially when he spotted his friends.

He didn't like it when they brought over his cake with music playing, trumpets going and everyone looked. :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
joshatflare
Back