swimming?

LouLou1986

Reaction score
i want to take my little miss swimming tomorrow, but unsure, will i agitate anything as i dnt want to start any more bleeds off? codie really wants to go aswell so any advice wud be greatfull?

Hey honey. My mw said swimming is fantastic and really relieves the bump. She said just don't do breast stroke.

xx

i know its good for you been sooo desprate to go put the whole placenta thigs making me go hmmmmmmm, but i wnt be actually swimming i supose more floating around watch madam :)

i went a little while ago. really want to go again but the stretch marks on my thighs are stopping me. i dont swim i just bob. xxx

I was swimming two or three times a week throughout pregnancy and right up until three days before I gave birth without any problems! Was doing breaststroke throughout! X

ii have really bad strech marks aswell from my first baby so that is a concern, i really wanted to go all the way through but just didnt have time with work but now i do, just dnt want to start any bleeding off:(

I know your not supposed to take up new sports during pregnancy, but I started swimming at 30 weeks and swam till xmas for a bad swimmer , I managed to get to 30 lengths in 30 mins each time , missed the last week of my membership as had a extra hosiptal stay before baby due to bleed, I can only do the breaststroke and so played it safe.

Why don't you go and just hang out in the pool that way kids can go , and just see how you go X

Last edited:
I know I'm a few weeks behind u and haven't got the same issue with the bleeding and placenta but I still go swimming at least 3 times a week, I used to hate breast stroke but it's the only thing I can do an feel confortable with now, front crawl hurts like stretching under bump.

Maybe like u an the others said just go along chill, hang about and bob along! If u don't feel comfortable get out, just leave your towel by the edge if u wanna cover up straight away!

Xxxx

I've been going swimming once a week for the past 3 weeks and I plan on going for as long as possible before the birth. It feels really nice in the water as all the weight is lifted. xx

I've been going swimming once a week for the past 3 weeks and I plan on going for as long as possible before the birth. It feels really nice in the water as all the weight is lifted. xx

That's why I liked it. The only time it felt different was the last time I went when bump felt really low even in the water - in hindsight I guess that was a sign that baby was on her way soon!

That's why I liked it. The only time it felt different was the last time I went when bump felt really low even in the water - in hindsight I guess that was a sign that baby was on her way soon!

I want to carry it on after the birth as well once a week and give my OH and the baby time to themselves for an hour. xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Currish
Back