Swine Flu

adele88

Reaction score
I received my letter to see if I was wanting the swine flu jag is it a good idea to get it or not to get it ?
Any suggestions

i had mine done before christmas will it protect my baby tho when its born?

iv been wondering about this as i dont know if it still a current threat seeing consultant on weds im gona ask

I've heard there is set to be another massive outbreak :(

I think if I'm offered I'll take it xxx

your baby is protected from it if you are, right? if you breastfeed i think. Am i right?

your baby is protected from it if you are, right? if you breastfeed i think. Am i right?

i aint really sure to be honest i will need to speak to my midwife before i go further with this i think

I had the swine flu jab around christmas time.
I think i was around 8 weeks :roll:

My pregnancy has been fine and nothing wrong which could point back to that. i was never told if baby would be protected with breastfeeding or not. Not sure if i've misread that though. :)

i had mine when i very first found out, i panicked after i had it and wondered if it was the right thing to do. but i was just been silly, ive been fine and baby has 2.

I think I would have it, I had mine between pregnancies as I was really unsure with the first one...
The carrier they use for the injection is the same one they use for the seasonal flu vaccines... it is only the strain that is different.
The main risk with the swine flu is that it lands on your chest, something that pregnant women are more prone to anyway, and as everything I have had in the last 2 years has involved my chest it is not worth the risk for me... The MW that I have come across seem to have been fairly non commital about whether you should have it or not, the GP may be more useful...

The MWs were non committal with me too but the GP said not to bother.

I didnt have it. I think they are trying to use up the massive stocks they bought and didnt really need but that's just IMO :)

I was offered it just before Christmas but was still in tri 1 and decided that was a time I didn't want to take anything I was unsure of. I've just been offered again and I think they were saying that tri 3 is when it can be most dangerous if you actually catch swine flu. Plus my mum has just had full blown swine flu so I know it's still very much around!

I had it just before christmas because it was "recommended" x

I don't really know enough about it but I'm very wary of vaccinations anyway and I'm not sure that the swine flu one has been tested enough on pregnant women. Don't think I would risk it if I was offered.

I wouldn't have it, i don't think it has been tested enough x

I had it about 2 weeks before I got pregnant. I didnt have any side effects apart from a REALLY sore arm for the next 24 hours. Not sure about it during pregnancy though. Its certainly put my mind at rest through the pregnancy knowing Im immune. And I think if anyone had a really bad reaction the press wouldve been all over it by now! I had it in the 2nd week it was being used and was really nervous!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back