taking sofia swimming!!

flexilexi394

Reaction score
tuesday afternoon im taking sofia swimming :D and i bloody cant wait.

A friend of mine has a baby 10 days younger than sofia, we were pregnancy buddies basically went swimming once a week up until we had our girls, and now shes being a complete fanny about coming swimming.

shes a bit thick, and her bf is a know it all control freak so she naturally believes everything he says. hes told her that there is a massively high risk of them contracting polio because of chlorine :wall2: what a donut!! chlorine is the thing that stops you getting it!! thick *******. so now shes being all silly and wont come! im gutted, but hey, im not missing out on the fun!

sofia loves bath times so im guessing shes gonna love being in the pool. she loves being out and about like in town as she gets a proper good look round at everything, so combining that with her love of water is gonna be a good mix i feel!

Any tips for first time swimming? i have swim nappies and the very cutest cossie!! x

Owww I'm taking my LO swimming tomorrow, can't wait! Will let you know how we get on!! Xx

Ooh let me know how you both get on, I can't wait to take Lizzie!

We took Tegan swimming for the first time at 8 weeks she wasn't to keen even though she loves bath time! we go once a fortnight now and she loves it! we spent over an hour in the pool last week and she was full of smiles the whole time x

I was just about to ask you where you went! Everyone reckons Splash is warmer than Pinewoods in Bodham, but Bodham is so much quieter so I'm a bit torn!

Emily LOVES bathtime but wasn't keen on swimming :-( we are going to keep taking her and I'm sure she will be fine by the time we go on holiday in may. Try and go at the quietest time as I don't think the noise helped when we went!

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1298888162.164214.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1298888162.164214.jpg
    248.7 KB · Views: 1
I was just about to ask you where you went! Everyone reckons Splash is warmer than Pinewoods in Bodham, but Bodham is so much quieter so I'm a bit torn!

The last time i went to Bodham it was freezing, we usually go on a saturday at 11ish and its quite quiet until about 12.30 then it gets busier x

ooh maybe she wont like it then! haha! ill try it and see what happens. lol my friend is coming with me so she can help me if i need it. i really hope she likes it! X

ooh maybe she wont like it then! haha! ill try it and see what happens. lol my friend is coming with me so she can help me if i need it. i really hope she likes it! X

She might just be a bit wary 1st time xxx

Ooh hope you have fun. Charlie loves swimming! x

amelia went swimming for 1st time yesterday and she loved it x

We went for 1st time 2 weeks ago. Babs loved it. take an extra towel or two so you can wrap up while you get her dressed so you dont get her wet. You could be doing with an extra pair of hands. They advised me just to keep her in 15 - 20 mins which is actually long enough once youre in. Good Luck

my mum came and didnt go in the water she dried her for me but what we going to do this week one o use will get out 2 mins early and get dried then dry LO x

Well we been swimming and Aiden loved it! Well he liked it haha. He was smiling and splashing about! Only started moaning after 25 mins and he was tired! It was lovely! Nice and quiet too, we just went to the local baths and there was only a Grandad and child in with us, so nice and quiet! Ive heard the bigger places with slides etc can be a bit daunting!
As for any tips - well I got Aiden ready at home and just put some joggers and a coat over his swim all in one, this way he could get ready quicker, when we went in the pool I just lowered him gently, i took a towel and hung it near the pool so that when we got out I could wrap him up (because he hates being cold). Getting us both dried and dressed was tricky but I managed it! Just did Aiden first! I did take 2 towles for him, I to lay him on and other to dry and also lots of talc to dry him quicker!
Hope you enjoy it I wanted to add pics but cant find the camera wire, I will do when I get time to search! xx

Glad sofia enjoyed swimming! Heres my LO xx

Attachments

• 007.JPG
    007.JPG
    79.9 KB · Views: 5
I took Tomos swimming for the first time today and he loved it, and then slept all afternoon which meant i got some jobs done! I have a photo of him in his outfit on the 'cute baby thread' but have also added it here as I think he looks well cute all wrapped up in layers. I think he was warm enough as the wetsuit has fleece inside it and it was really dry when I took it off.

Attachments

• DSCF2082.JPG
    DSCF2082.JPG
    258.8 KB · Views: 1
Aww bless him, so cute! Def be going again soon! Aiden slept for 2 half hour too xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back