tearing my hair out!!

Funkylady

Reaction score
with this weaning business. Olivia is totally refusing and solids now, even what used to be her fave (sweet potato)... she just clamps her mouth shut and won't budge!

She is taking her usual milk.. Ive tried solids before, during and after milk feeds but with no success. She used to open her mouth willingly and swallow well.. but this has totally stopped!!

Im getting really stressed about it as she is waking through the night and often gets up at 5am..I just can't find a solution.

:x :x :( :(

help?

xx

is she teething just now? Maybe her gums etc are sore?

Think she is teething, on and off. There are no signs whatsoever of any white bumps, but she is a bit rosey cheeked at the moment... think she's been teething for a while now.

Do you think if I tried bonjela before a feed might work?

xxx

It is worth a try?

Have you tried the Ashton and Parson Powders - they worked great on Arianna

No, Ive actually never heard of them. Will have a look! Where will I find them?

How is it possible for something so small and cute to be so complex and frustrating at the same time!!

xxx

Awww I know!! They are amazing little things arent they.

You get the powders in Boots or any chemist, think they are £2.99 for a box.
They are in a little white box with blue writing... just a powder you put on baby's tounge

Good luck - hope they work!!

idk hun but i do remember finding weaning very difficult at first- but at 7 months melissa seemed to just take to it overnite, suddenly all the fussing and problems stopped. my only tip is try not to get stressed- i believe babies can sense it and then it works against u. i kno its hard tho when ur stressed inside and thinkin argh why cant i do it grr! lol try not to let it get u down tho and just keep trying, maybe different foods and do 10-15 minutes if nothing happens just leave it til next meal time as she'll get worked up if u push her. i'd speak 2 ur HV tho as idk if thats good advice i gave

trixipaws said:
idk hun but i do remember finding weaning very difficult at first- but at 7 months melissa seemed to just take to it overnite, suddenly all the fussing and problems stopped. my only tip is try not to get stressed- i believe babies can sense it and then it works against u. i kno its hard tho when ur stressed inside and thinkin argh why cant i do it grr! lol try not to let it get u down tho and just keep trying, maybe different foods and do 10-15 minutes if nothing happens just leave it til next meal time as she'll get worked up if u push her. i'd speak 2 ur HV tho as idk if thats good advice i gave

yeh, I spoke to HV today, she just said 'ooh I dunno what the problem is, probably teething, keep trying'... so I actually got better advice on here than from them!

I know what you mean about getting stressed!! When she knows Im stressed, she seems to play up even more! Little madam knows how to pull my strings at the moment.

Her wee cheeks are really glowing this afternoon so I definitely think she is teething, poor mite!

I will just keep trying to keep calm. As long as she is taking her milk then Im not tooo worried at the moment!
Hopefully this phase will pass.

Thanks hun xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back