Teeth at 6 weeks!

Kimberly

Reaction score
Yes that's right, the doctor confirmed it yesterday. My little one is already teething. He has one poking through already and 3 more that are visible under the gum. There were definitely no teeth in his mouth when he was born. I told the doctor I thought he had teeth and she kind of rolled her eyes and said 'are you sure it's not thrush, let me have a look.' I did originally think it was thrush, but he has been fussy and the last week has been drooling and chewing on his hand more, which he hadn't been doing before. So she looked in his mouth and said 'Those are teeth!'

I guess this could be the reason he fed for 5 hours the other day. He usually does feed for long times (1.5-2 hours average), but lately he has been feeding much longer. When I mentioned it to the doctor she said I should really limit his time on the breast and it shouldn't take more than 25-30 minutes. Believe me, I would love to be able to do that, I'm finding it really hard to leave the house right now, but I just don't see how I can limit his time when he cries and roots around like he is starving. I've tried a dummy, but he won't take it very often and when he does it will only be for a couple of minutes.

Anyone else have experience with early teething?

:wave: Green Bean was born with teeth about to poke through so dealt with teething from word go :)

Thankfully however, after his bottom two just breaking through the surface, they have stopped for now and *touch wood* stay down there for a bit longer!
I now only feel them when he grinds his teeth on my nipples for the hell of it!

Just a thought on the feeding as my LO used to have regular loooooooooooooong feeds and often it was comfort sucking but he'd fuss like mad to get back on to my boob.

If he has fed well from one boob and you can then hear he isn't really sucking milk and swallowing it or he starts fussing do you change and put him on the other boob? If not it might be worthwhile doing so. That way it till fill him up and increase your supply. He may only feed for a few minutes off the other boob but it'll fill him up. If he doesn't really drink and you can't hear/see him swallowing I'd say take him off the boob and stop feeding. If it means you then put him in his pram for a short walk to distract him then do so. It will break this long feeding pattern you've gotten in to. Its what I had to do to get a reprieve from regular 3 hour long feeds. That and a dummy.

Longest I ever feed from a boob once LO has started feeding is 2 hours. So if he has a quick feed and then wants more an hour later I pop him back on the same boob. Once 2 hours is up I always change boobs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back