Thanks vs. Like

StirCrazy

Reaction score
We've recently been thinking about how members interact with PF, and wondered, how many of you use the 'Thanks' button as a 'Like' button? I've put up a poll to see what our members think :)

How do YOU use use the 'Thanks' button?

Majority wins :D

More as a thanks button when that is all that is needed. I guess a like if I agree with what has been said in a discussion and would be saying the same thing if I were to post...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think having both is a great idea :) x x

It wouldn't work. It uses the same system - would mean re-writing the dasebase and product entries :)

Could you combine them on the same button? So that it can be used for both like and thanks x x

I think a like button would be better! Even if your thanking someone it means you "like it" but also sometimes I wanna like what someones put but it's not a "thank you" moment, more like a "like" moment! Lol

I think it's nice to have a thanks button as it does genuinely mean thank you, and the like thing is too much like face book! X

i forgett to thank but i do like that you can thank some1. so i would like thanks to stay X

I think both. So many times Ive wanted to 'like' a comment but cant and its just not the same saying thanks for it. Doesnt seem right when your saying 'thanks for making me lol'....

Would you not find yourself using a Like button as a Thanks button (like you do on Facebook)? Not to mention that many use the Thanks button as well as replying. The only reason I ask is because as people get more into social networking (and it is here to stay), it seems to be intuitively the 'norm'.

:)

Attachments

• like.png
    like.png
    4.1 KB · Views: 16
I'd prefer a like button,I tend to click thanks aswel as replyin to the post but quite often there's a need to like/agree with something when there's nothing else to write iykwim?

Ooo I'm not sure! Shame you can't have both but I think the like button would be more used though! I like to thank people personally and tend to forget about the thank option!

Last edited:
I prefer it and use it as a "thanks" button, so i opted for also adding a "like" button, but starting from scratch.

I like to say thank you rather than like :lol:

I prefer a thanks button though I do just 'like' other posts.

Could you make a 'like' smiley and have it in the Quick Reply smiley options?

I prefer the Like button. Sometimes I may Thank a poster for taking the trouble to reply, but may nit necessarily Like the reply!!!

It's a shame we can't have both :-(
Sometimes I like a post on someone elses thread but it's not something I would thank for iykwim? But when I want to thank someone I like the "thanks" button

I'd nearly be more inclined for the like button actually. I suppose if I want to say thanks then I can just "say thanks" lol
Gibberish

i think we should switch to like! i never really thank people :blush: cos if i'm going to say thanks i'll just comment! but i quite often want to like stuff!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Currish
Back